Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Skyline GT-R

igor@af
12-03-2000, 01:56 PM
http://www.webticks.com/igorsush/gtr5.jpg

This is my Dream Car!!!
and I plan to own one in close future.

BlaxicanYIIK
12-15-2000, 05:35 AM
You too! Small World! :D

DropGXL
12-19-2000, 07:11 PM
Most definately on my "favorites" list.

Another is the Mitsu Lancer Evo's :)

----------
Anthony
88 RX-7 GXL 85 RX-7 GS

pnballer5
01-11-2001, 11:28 PM
i love the skyline, but i like the r34 better than the r33!

VWVR6@af
01-12-2001, 07:20 AM
Yep...they sure are nice. Sometimes I wonder why I live in America because we get rip'd off when it comes to vehicles. ;)

Eric

LostBoyScout
01-15-2001, 09:08 PM
Oh we get so ripped off! :)

I wanna ride when you get it!! hehehe

I would love an R34, R33, Lancer EVO, WRX STi, Audi S3.. but no, we don't get any of them! :(

Dylan_Michael
02-09-2001, 06:15 PM
It was my overall favorite car because of its exoticness, its power, its underratibility. Its looks also factored in, and the fact that its the only Japanese sports car with a true Wing or spoiler.

SkylinesKillAll
02-13-2001, 08:28 PM
as you can tell from my screen name i also live the Skyline. I want one soo bad. Damn America

YogsVR4
03-01-2001, 12:07 PM
Dont blame America. Nissan designed the car and it doesnt allow for the steering assembly to be on the left side. I say blame the Japanese, English and anyone else who uses the wrong side of the road.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

KennyH
03-01-2001, 02:42 PM
That car would sell so quick in the US!!! They can double there business easily with it!

Initial D
06-13-2001, 08:41 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if Nissan sold nothing but skylines in the US.

Jay!
07-22-2001, 10:09 PM
I, too, will add my love for the Skyline to the pile. :)

My prefs:
1. R33
2. R34
3. R32

But I'd take any of them. :D

Yogs, wanna know why they drive on the left? It's from horse-and-buggy days when the driver would sit to the right of the seat and drive on the left side of the road so that they could shake hands (with their right hand) with drivers going the opposite direction. America's the one that had to be different. Perhaps that's part of the reason for the poor driver attitude in the U.S. today. :rolleyes:

Now, how do they figure out what side to put the gas cap on?

YogsVR4
07-23-2001, 10:21 AM
Remember - different is good. I prefer not being a lemming! :D

I liked it when the gas cap was in the back. Then no side got a preference.:bandit:

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

S Brake
07-23-2001, 10:53 PM
I read that a company called Motorex builds skylines that comply with NA driving requirements and are now street legal read for yourself at www.skylinegtr.com and go to the about us section.

GTS-4 Ben
10-16-2001, 09:46 AM
I feel sorry that you have to pay so much for the mighty Godzilla!

I am hopefully upgrading to one soon. R32 though. Around $12,000US here :p

I don't know why anyone likes the R33 over the other 2??

For Drag Racing:
R32
R34
R33

On the Track:
R34
R33
R32

The R33 comes last and second.. Give me a R32 and new suspension setup..

Yeah you guys are messed up with your driving.. wrong side of the road.. to bad for you ha?

johnny
10-30-2001, 05:08 AM
I love 'em all, but Motorex is just rippin' us off... they have no choice, though... R3-anything for me...

anyone wanna lend me $30K?

RazorGTR
12-29-2001, 01:50 PM
Man I must say we are so lucky here in New Zeleand. Outside of Japan we have the largest number of Skylines in the world. They are relitviely cheap in price and the running costs are not too bad.

I have owned 3 in my 3 1/2 years here always upgrading. Now I own the true Godzilla as you see under my name. I just picked it up on the 18th of Decemeber 2001.

For the record MotoRex does not build Skylines. They are the only importer allowed to bring them in. They also destroyed quite a few during their crash testing. There are quite a few mods that need to be done to the car to meet the strict US road laws, every thing from emissions to side intrustion. Last time I talked with Sean Morris of MotoRex he explained quite a bit to me but also did not devulge details. Lets just say about $10,000 of the price or more is labour and parts fitted to any Skyline they make road legal.
While yes the price is high, but remember they were the ones who stuck their necks out to get it done so at least the American public and enjoy Japan's finest super car.

RazorGTR
12-29-2001, 01:51 PM
Oh BTW I am an R32 man all way. The R33 to me was too rounded and familized. Nissan made the right moves with the R34 and it looks really mean and aggressive. What a Skyline should be like.

Not to mention the R32 is the lightest of the lot.

ArtemisEntreriR34
07-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Yea I Love skylines also, most defiantly the R34, but I'd rather have an M3 E46, Since its half the price of the MotoRex R34 and the same as a R33 V-Spec II, also BMW's E46 M3 has more power then the skylines stock vs. stock.

Jimbo_Jones
07-21-2002, 08:35 AM
whats all this wrong side of the road bulls***... its the americans that started driving on the right side to spite the english coz they were still hurting from the war of independance...

damn americans... they'll blame everyone else but themselves for their problems:finger: J/K!!

Nitrous
11-06-2002, 12:52 AM
Yup........Motorex, of Gardena, California, has been importing and selling 50 state, street-legal Skylines since January of 2000. You can find three different variations of the Skyline from Motorex in the R32(89'-94'), R33(95'-98'), and the R34(99'-01'), all GT-R versions and the highest model of each generation. As far as the prices, They start $28,000 for an R32 and can go up to $35,000; an R33 can start anywhere from $43,000 to $46,500; and the R34 starts at $78,000 minimum. The big price jump for the R34 is because the car comes equipped with OBDII, plus it's only legal for sale in states other than California, where you cannot sell a vehicle from a foreign country unless it's two years or older and goes through a 50-mile test. They can also tailor an engine to your choice. They have been one of the only companies that even know how to tune one of these in America.

IKILLRICERS
04-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Dude awsome choice man!!! One of the best handling cars of all time. I have seen one of these bad boys take on a F50 and still hold its ground. I think if u put maybe 20,000 into one of these bad boys..... shit, unbeatable.

YukiHime
04-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Dont blame America. Nissan designed the car and it doesnt allow for the steering assembly to be on the left side. I say blame the Japanese, English and anyone else who uses the wrong side of the road.
Sorry to tell you this, there is no right or wrong side of the road.
I do believe we are not always right, just look at our speedometer, you'll inderstand what am I talking about.

xXRyCe_R0CkEtXx
04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Ive allways wanted a Skyline R34 also like everyone else. It is my dream car. I would take that over any car....if i could get a mclaren f1 or a skyline(any one - r32 33 or 34) i would pick the skyline in a heartbeat..... ^_^.

MR2Driver
04-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Even though im an American I think i'd prefer a RHD over a LHD simply because im right handed so my right hand would be on the wheel more and I have more control with it. It requires more dexterity to steer than it does to shift....

-Josh-
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM
I can't say that i care much for Skylines, just something about them that makes me turn away from them. I can honestly say that i'm not mad or happy that they dont sell in the U.S. We have plenty of older and newer cars of our own that are just as good in quality as a Skyline. It would be neat to see one or two in Illinois, but just for the unique quality.

Filthy Sanchez
04-27-2004, 03:37 AM
I, too, will add my love for the Skyline to the pile. :)

My prefs:
1. R33
2. R34
3. R32

But I'd take any of them. :D

Yogs, wanna know why they drive on the left? It's from horse-and-buggy days when the driver would sit to the right of the seat and drive on the left side of the road so that they could shake hands (with their right hand) with drivers going the opposite direction. America's the one that had to be different. Perhaps that's part of the reason for the poor driver attitude in the U.S. today. :rolleyes:

Now, how do they figure out what side to put the gas cap on?

America chose to drive on the right hand side because around the time the decision was made the USA had a hatred of the English and every thing english so much so we decided to drive on the other side of the road and run many of our horse races in the opposite direction. Oh yeah and by the way I would add the Skyline to my top 10 list as well.

Filthy Sanchez
04-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Oh BTW I am an R32 man all way. The R33 to me was too rounded and familized. Nissan made the right moves with the R34 and it looks really mean and aggressive. What a Skyline should be like.

Not to mention the R32 is the lightest of the lot.

I agree Nissan's styling is starting to get UGLY! Just take a look at anything they sell in the US now. Hopefully they won't screw up the Skyline at least I pray they won't. Damned French ever since the Renault buy out Nissan is gettin' ugly. Hopefully they'll treat this corporate thing like a war and surrender.

thad_rb33
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
alright so i am plannning to get a skyline rb20de and putting in the twin turbo my self thig is is that im getting it from japan can any one tell me what i need to get it to pass the epa and allo that bull #(*&(*. hit me up ppls and how mutch it costs if yah kan..

Polygon
01-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Holy shit, you do realize that this thread is over four years old and the last post before your's in nearly one year old?!

Please don't drag up threads that are this old, please just make a new discussion next time.

Thank you.

Add your comment to this topic!