Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbo Help

DeleriouS
08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Ok...i have this TD04 manifold and turbo and i am going to put it on my integra. I am going to be custom fitting it so dont worry about fitment. I need to know what else i am going to need for this turbo setup. Here are my ideas. Feel free to add to the list. Also i think my turbo has an anti-freeze line...???? Is that possible? If so, how do i hook it up? I know i need these....

Intercooler
Custom piping
MAP sensor
Hondata
SAFC (or VAFC when I do the LS/VTEC conv.)Controller
Bigger Fuel Injectors
Bigger Fuel pump
Oil line to the turbo
Oil cooler?
Aluminum Radiator?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD
THANKS
And don't forget....APC stickers of course (lol)

maxspeedhonda
08-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Yes it is typical for that turbo to have a coolant line, tee it off your heater hose.

1. If you are getting hondata, then ditch the afc-vafc.
2. Unless you plan to boost over 12psi, use the stock honda map.
3. You will need an oil return to go along with the oil feed.
4. Get some colder plugs.

scottsee
08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
you'll want a wategate if you dont have an external one, you'll also want a boost gauge to make sure your running a safe amount, dont forget a boost controller, and BOV. GET A POCKET LOGGER! you need to know what to tune..& do everthing max just said.

86 the radiator & oil cooler .

boosted331
09-01-2004, 04:05 PM
you'll want a wategate if you dont have an external one, you'll also want a boost gauge to make sure your running a safe amount, dont forget a boost controller, and BOV. GET A POCKET LOGGER! you need to know what to tune..& do everthing max just said.

86 the radiator & oil cooler .

Newbies trying to tune their cars on the street without a wideband is how stories start about how unreliable boosted hondas are. If he gets hondata he should take it to a reputable shop and have them tune it. I've been messing with things like hondata, haltech, Electromotive TEC2 and TEC3, accel gen 6 and gen 7 DFI, and speedpro/fast boxes for years, and I still do not enjoy trying to plot out an entire base tune for a car. If it's his first time using hondata (which it sounds like it is, considering he thought you would use hondata in conjunction with an SAFC/VAFC) there is no way I would do a basemap or a tune myself.

scottsee
09-01-2004, 08:46 PM
there in lies the problem, to many people are not willing to read and learn what is needed to do what it takes to do things effecently.

Add your comment to this topic!