what car do I have? Z3 or Z3M?

RachLuvJun
08-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi. I am new to this board and also new to the BMW Z3. I just purchased a 2000 Z3 with 50K on it. It has the chrome package on it and the steering wheel says 'M Power" on it. The lady didn't seem quite sure and I really didn't care much, but she thinks it's a Z3 mseries. Is this right? The paperwork just says Z3. How do I know what the exact title of my car is? It's says Z3 2.3 in chrome on the rear, but like i said the steering wheel says MPower and it has the additional package which put all the chrome on it. Also, I paid $18,000 for it. I overpaid didn't I? The car is still under warranty for another year or 100K miles. It seems to be in excellent condition and was def. in near show quality condition. Hopefully I will learn a lot on this forum and keep her well maintained forever. Anyone have suggestions on how to care for her besides regular oil changes and washes? Thanks!

Rachel in NJ

Menu dei Motori
09-01-2004, 02:06 PM
hey how many hp? how many ccm

looking at the price and the mlage im sure its NOT an M

RachLuvJun
09-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I went to the dealer to have some routine stuff done to the car and they confirmed it is a Z3M. I am not sure about the questions you asked? What were they and how do I find the answers? I am not a car person. Anyway, I am having some health problems and may have to sell her. I am not sure what I am going to have to do since I love it soooo much!

rachel

Antiburn
09-07-2004, 08:25 PM
It should say M power on the engine when you open the hood. Thats a dead giveaway its a Mseries, unless someone went getto style on it and just put the cover that say M power on it.

It could just have an M package which comes with some of the regular M options, steering wheel, rims, gauges ect. M series Z3's also usually have a wide body kit on it. And sometimes a black fender gaurd behind the doors.

RachLuvJun
09-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I will look under the hood! I am pretty sure it did say MPower on the engine when I looked. Thanks for reminding me to check that!

Rachel

D///Mill
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Do you have 2 tail pipes on each side or only 2 on one side? ... Also, DO check the engine cover to see if it says M POWER.

If you have 2 tail pipes on each side, congrats! You got a helluva deal on an ///M! Engine is an S52, 3.2L, 240hp. fyi

stst
12-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Seems like, you cant find out what your car is , to find that out, simply get in your car and go to the closest express way in your town and before you enter the express way come to a full stop and try a 0 60 and count the seconds if you find something around 5. sec yes you do have a m if you count more than 6 seconds you have m accessory package installed 2.3 z3. and the price you bought the car is even cheaper for a 2.3 z3, because M roadsters are well over $20K even 98 99. well to bad here in US market there is no real M power is being sold, it does not qualify for DPS standards, In europe market, a real M3 or M roadster comes with 321HP before 96 they came with 3.0 286hp. Engines here are modified 2.8 engine, they do some modification on ECU and different cams for a better timing.
European M power engines link is below
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/1128/m3_engine.jpg

and here is the foolish M power engine in US market
http://www.davelength.net/car/images/s50/new.jpg

sebmista
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I can save you the trouble and answer it for you. You dont have an Mz3.. its just a 2.3. I have a 2.8 and it has the m badge on the steering wheel and it has the m badge on the shifter knob.. its just a silly package called the M technic package.. nothing really important.

Add your comment to this topic!