Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NEED HELP ON MY B16a2 tuning

civiclsi15
08-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Hii

I have a Jap Spec 1.6VTi (B16A2) , have installed a full manifold and striaght through racing pipe exhaust, its from supersprint and dyno figures show 11 to 13 hp increase. What other of these mods would you recommend and how much power will each mod give me.
1. AEM V2

2. Skunk2 Intake manifold

3.Spoon venturi Plate

4.Spoon Throttle Body

5.Spoon 1.8 stroker kit + High compression Spoon gasket

6 Spoon ECU

7 Spoon Idrinium Spark plugs and high tension leads, with earth wires

8. Light Wieght AEM pulleys

9. AEM Fuel regulator and Fuel Rail

And obviously i know that the following mod won't give me power but its c0ol anyways soo. 10. Spoon Carbon fibre hood.
11. KW suspension
12. OZ 16 inch Ultra light wieght rims
13. BM Short shifter
iam asking because soon i'll be getting them and my point is that i want a NA car which can beat the Civic Type R 2002, with these mods should i get the car port polished as well wat do you people think the outcome of BHP/TQ shall be and how many seconds the 0-60 shall drop?

mellowboy
08-30-2004, 03:20 AM
hmm seem pretty much it to me. Throw some aftermarket cams in there. As for hp/tq no one can tell you how much you'll be getting. Its all in the tuning.

civiclsi15
08-30-2004, 07:18 AM
hmm seem pretty much it to me. Throw some aftermarket cams in there. As for hp/tq no one can tell you how much you'll be getting. Its all in the tuning.

But on average how much power will the finally figure be? Also i don't know if to get after market cams because i don't want a rough idle the most i would consider would be a CTR cam, but then again i would have to change the valves, retainer etc etc

mellowboy
08-30-2004, 11:28 AM
I just can't give you the numbers bro. I dont really know. You can get skunk2 stage 2 cams and still have it idle fine. Ctr cams are great but if you're lookin for more power i'd just go with skunk2 stage 2.Of course theres better cams out there but its more money. You gotta spend money to be fast man.

flopblonde
09-01-2004, 03:14 PM
should have ran nos.

crxlvr
09-02-2004, 08:31 AM
the stroker kit will prolly get you the most power out of the mods you listed. but the first mods that should always be done, are intake, exhuast and header. making a more breath more freely is the first step to big power.

Add your comment to this topic!