Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aftermarket hoods

86tbrd3.8
08-29-2004, 03:59 PM
ive been trin to find some one who sells aftermarket body parts for the aerobird body style of the thunderbird but i cant find anthing which is real annoying cause due to the highth of the intake i have on my new motor the hood wont close cause the carb sticks up to high and if i cant find somethin im gonna have to either make one which is really gonna suck or go with the stock intake i have which i dont want to do this is a big concern for me cause right now im drivin it without a hood and while this looks good im kinda worried about someone takin somethin off or just messin with my motor while it sits in a parkin lot or outside at work

86tbrd3.8
08-29-2004, 07:02 PM
oh yeah does any one know if draglites will fit on an 86 with the four lug pattern or if mustang wheels will fit

jlewis
09-03-2004, 04:38 AM
I know you can get draglites that will fit. They should be pretty close to the mustang wheel sizes and similar backspacing, although the Tbird seems to have a little more room for fatter tires. For the most part Fox body mustang wheels will fit the Tbird, and on the hood see this: http://www.coolcats.net/stockmod/modified/hoods/

Add your comment to this topic!