Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Belgian GP - Spa

RallyRaider
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Finally... :ylsuper:

Oh and some other character won a championship or sumfin' :icon16:

blindside.AMG
08-29-2004, 08:42 AM
*ahem*

KIMI RAIKKONEN JUST TOOK FIRST PLACE IN THE BELGIAN GRAND PRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. Thank you.

:sunglasse

RallyRaider
08-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Get in line :D

Threads merged for celebrations.

freakray
08-29-2004, 09:53 AM
It has turned out to be a good Sunday!!!

The first round of pitstops saw him emerge in the lead and on pure pace today, no one could challenge the Finn for the victory.....

That sounds more like it!

ales
08-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Good race, could have been much better (and not just the result :D), but God punished us with Coulthard. Also I feel the race should have been redflagged after the first accident - the safety car period was rather unproductive and apart from the TV schedule makers pleased no one. Very happy for Kimi though, after all he had to go through this season. Good overtaking maneuvre by JPM on MS, but didn't work the second time he tried the same trick on Trulli - guess Jarno had less to lose that Schumi. The biggest disapointment was Renault, most sorry for Pizzonia. None of the BAR, Williams or Renault cars saw the chequered flag.

RallyRaider
08-29-2004, 04:32 PM
What do you mean by "but God punished us with Coulthard" Alex? Do you think Schumacher had a chance before the final safety car?

Have to agree about red flaging after the first incident. How many of the punctures that runied the race were caused by debris left on the track (rather than purely Michelin's mistake). A red flag and proper clean-up may have eliminted that.

How cool was Kimi's fastest lap right at the end there :D Mixed feelings about his antics at the restarts though. Good to see Michael get some of his own back but I'd prefer it if Kimi played things straight like Mika would have. I guess one of the few areas the Michelins are superior to the Bridgestones is in the initial period of cool/low pressure running, so Kimi had to maximise that as much as possible.

jcsaleen
08-29-2004, 08:42 PM
WTF they should have a restart!!! SATO'S OUT (BS) :disappoin

RallyRaider
08-29-2004, 09:01 PM
WTF indeed. The race is over you know.

jcsaleen
08-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Im just gettin it where are u im in N.Y usa. We have lag and the television cause of the superbowlhalf time show lolol. :rofl:

freakray
08-29-2004, 09:26 PM
What the hell are you on about, super bowl half time show?

jcsaleen
08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Janet jackson ring a bell?

RallyRaider
08-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Hmm, 12+ hours lag because of a nipple? I don't think so...

freakray
08-29-2004, 10:01 PM
How come my friend always manages to record the GP's live for me when they are on Speed TV live in the morning?

I think JCSaleen has been fed a line of......

jcsaleen
08-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Im sorry I didnt here about any race today until now could care less what u think about lag. All I know is sato should have had his restart!

RallyRaider
08-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Nobody is doubting you are/were watching a replay, man. Just the reasons for it and the joke value of imagining you getting upset over a well finished event. Happens to us all the time in Australia, F1 usually only a few hours delay, CART over a day some times. WRC can be weeks before we seen the highlights package. Even the domestic V8 Touring Car series is delayed for most events. Bathurst being the notable exception.

As for Sato, his right rear tyre probbably would've blown anyway. Don't know why Kimi's didnt, I was expecting it to go any time.

ales
08-30-2004, 01:38 AM
Schumi was cathcing Kimi before DC's accident, whether he could have passed him is another question, but i would have been much more interesting to find out, something that Coulthard's brain fade prevented us from doing. As it was, though, the Michelin superiority at warming up meant that the race wasn't close.

jcsaleen
08-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Montoya should tone it down with the ramming people excuse me sorry meant ram no no "passing" people. :evillol:

Vladimer
08-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Montoya has been rather aggresive, but then again, pulls off passes that are rather daring, should be a intresting addition to the McLaren team if he does join next season,

but i must say. F**K YA!!!!!!! MCLAREN MERCEDES WINS THE BELGIUM GRAND PRIX! happiest day of the season for me

RallyRaider
08-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Right before DC’s accident? They'd only been racing for a couple of laps since the previous SC period I thought. Anyway, Kimi lost a healthy lead previously so at worst things evened out. I think the biggest advantage, if any the last safety car gave Kimi was nursing the tyres so they didn't explode! I believe Ferrari just had a compromise set up on Sunday. Whilst the Mac is obviously not as quick a car as the Ferrari, Kimi's better optimised setup has Michael covered the whole race. Remember Kimi passed Michael early on while Schumacher played the numbers and settled for the championship, sensible thing to do in the end.

RallyRaider
08-30-2004, 01:59 AM
As long as Montoya hasn't got the car to win he may as well preserve his reputation as a wild man not to be messed with. Schumacher seems to have got the message and gave up with out a fight on this occasion.

ferraricali
08-30-2004, 09:19 AM
dc's brain fade was reminisent of his brain fade to schumi in the rain a couple years back

freakray
08-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Hiding in the past?

RallyRaider
08-30-2004, 04:30 PM
dc's brain fade was reminisent of his brain fade to schumi in the rain a couple years back

Let me just check a few things off here:

weather conditions - different
car position - different
track position - different
race position - different
damage - different
after-incident fisticuffs - different

Were either incident brain fade on DC behalf? - takes two to tango. If anything the situation was completely reversed IMHO. You're right DC was involved though so it is reminiscent on that level :rolleyes:

nismo man
08-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Finally ferrari got beat yeah by Ice Man!!!! it would be great to see
both mclarens on podium.

ferraricali
08-31-2004, 11:31 AM
apologies to DC
after watching a replay it looks as if klien moved over on him...

Add your comment to this topic!