Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just Un-Yellowed My Headlights...!!

solaris=amazing
08-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Ok this worked great. Most ford plastic headlights turn horribly yellowish cause of sun damage/oxidation, and that takes away like 20-30% of the light coming from the bulb. Today i went to Autozone, picked up 350, 600, 800 and 1500 grit 3M WET/DRY sandpaper. Along with this plastic/clear coat polish called BLUEMAGIC. Well first starting out with the heavy grit, slowly working myself up to the final 1500 grit, using a sponge as a soft sand block. Make sure you use a bowl of water to wet the surface of the headlight and sandpaper. Tape off at least 3 inches around headlight so you don't scrathc the paint. The stuff by Bluemagic worked great with a non-lint shop towel, just use plenty of elbow grease. To top it off, i went to pep boys and bought these insane bulbs fron sylvania called Silver Bright headlights, and it made a worl of differance. I'd say i increased my headlight lighting about a good 30%.

PS.. I did this so when i get my smoke headlight covers (lund eclipse) it will give off better light through them, still will be dimmed though. BTW, anyone ever order online through team-performance.com, they are taking so damn long. I put out my online order aug20th, and all i got was an email saying my order is being processed-no emails of it being shipped. I left them a message, and they better get back to me-they already charged my card and there is no word on WHEN my shit will be shipped.

CamaroSSBoy346
08-28-2004, 09:16 PM
isnt it illegal to have your covers on at night (assuming you will be using your head lights at night?)

BTW, sounds like you got ripped off.

solaris=amazing
08-28-2004, 11:23 PM
SS, well i hope i didnt get ripped, i'll find out monday. Also, yeah it is illegal, oh well.

94GreenBeast
08-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Well i had Lund headlight covers, and the cops never said ne thing to me about it. And I even had them on in the winter.

Absolute Cycles
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
isnt it illegal to have your covers on at night (assuming you will be using your head lights at night?)

BTW, sounds like you got ripped off.

Off the subject, but it looks like your charging system doesn't work, you're almost overheating, and you're getting low on oil pressure.

steviewonder_13
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
how much were those new lights

Add your comment to this topic!