Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Changing the Fuel Filter on a 95' Rodeo

proplayer
08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
I just purchased the fuel filter for my 95' Isuzu Rodeo, and I had a few questions. I can see how to install it take the nut off and take the fuel lines off either end that's the easy part. But I have a few questions about the little details.

1. How do I take the fuel line clamps off? Is there a special tool or certain way you are supposed to take them off?

2. What should I use to plug the fuel lines while I change the filter?

3. How do I relieve the pressure in the fuel line before I take them off of the filter?

Any other tips or suggestions that anyone wants to input would also be helpful. It's a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo S Model btw.

Thanks

95.5 Rodeo
08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
1). Use a pair of pliers and squeeze the three tips together. This will loosen their grip on the fuel line, then slide them out of the way.

2). Rubber vacuum caps of the right size work great for this purpose. Even if you don't use them, fuel will not be leaking everywhere. It's "uphill" to the fuel filter.

3). Pop the hood, in the engine bay there is an electrical relay / fuse box. Find the one marked fuel pump relay and pull it. Crank the engine until it does not try to start anymore. This will relieve the fuel line pressure. Reinstall the relay when done.

I left the filter in place until the fuel lines were removed, it made the job a little easier.

This is an easy service and you will be glad you did it. When I bought my Rodeo, the fuel filter was so clogged the engine set a code 44 (too lean).

Let us know how things work out.

Dale

mwt
08-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Make sure you check the rubber lines that the filter attaches to.

On a 95 I am sure they need replaced.

Be sure and get fuel injection rubber line. It will handle the higher pressure.

Mike
:smokin:

proplayer
09-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Make sure you check the rubber lines that the filter attaches to.

On a 95 I am sure they need replaced.

Be sure and get fuel injection rubber line. It will handle the higher pressure.

Mike
:smokin:

Mike, you are thinking ahead of me I attempted to complete the job but I was unable to remove the old rubber lines off of the fuel pump I was worried about damaging them, but it will probably easier to just get a new set of rubber lines.

Add your comment to this topic!