Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 stock audio questions

gowkaizer
08-27-2004, 11:22 PM
ok i bought my focus a while ago and it didnt come with a manual in it.....so id like to know if you can help with these two things please...

1.i want to change the output of wattage to my speakers,cause right now im putting out 28watts to each speaker and i can up them to 50 watts so.....how can i get into my cd player to change the watts? i know its like turnning on your car on and off so many times to get to the menu....

2.id like to put my amp and subs in, but i dont know what wires ive got to hook them up too, theres a kit at best buy but thats for a after market cd player, so please help............thank you

50 Yen
08-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Well i work in circuit city's car audio, so i guess i can help you. i'll let you know now that i've never worked on a focus before so i MIGHT be wrong.

Well i've never heard of a factory CD player being able to give out 50 watts per channel, and if it does, thats max power, not RMS, RMS is continuest power it is being put into your speakers at all times, on average, a factory CD player is giving out 8 watts RMS and 35 watts max power. if yuo put in a after market CD player, it's most likely 18 watts RMS and 50 watts max, there is NO way to force anything more than 50 watts per channel from your CD player because it's still being ran off the same wire from the car, that power wire coming from your car is 200 watts max, so DON"t believe SONY when they say 55-60 watts max, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

As for the sub amp, you'll need a Amp Power Kit, depending on how many watts you need for the subs, they can range from 200 watts - 1200 watts (thats what we sell at C-city) usually a 4 gauge is more than enough. you will also need a set of 2 channel RCA cables, and speaker wires (from the amp to the speakers) the wires will probably cost about $90 - $120.

i hope that helped you

zx2srdotnet
08-30-2004, 10:31 PM
some foci did come with a SOny sound system, he might have that, but i dunno how to answer the question

Add your comment to this topic!