Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ls/vtec ?

94tegRS
02-07-2002, 09:57 AM
OK, I searched for LS/VTEC and came up with almost nothing, I did get some help, but still unsure about alot.

anyways, I know I can get a new head and give my engine vtec. I might be able to go to a junkyard and find a GSR ECU, but will that only work if i use the B18C1 head or what? and is it just unplugging old and plugging in the new ECU besides whatever else the swap requires wiring for. also, I saw a pic of where you plug a oil supply line and tap a new one or something but still unclear about that. and do you have to take out th4e engine to do this? If so I dont know about doing this, Not that I dont think I could do it, But being without my car for even longer.

and can someone list all the parts I need to put it into an 94 RS?

and average cost?

and what kind of power should I expect.

I also heard instead of LS/VTEC, put in B17a crank, and sleeve it to 86mm, and then I will have 1.74:1, is this true? this said like 180-190 HP and rev alot higher.

how much should that cost, I know id have to remove engine but for 190HP I might think about it.

Thanks

90CRXZCSi
02-07-2002, 12:13 PM
Check out www.hybrid.honda-perf.org They have alot of info on the LS/VTEC swap.;)

hybridDC2
02-07-2002, 12:36 PM
sadly after all that work you'd still end up with a 1.8L non vtec motor. you'd still have to swap out your entire valvetrain make any use of the added rpm capability. you'd end up replacing alot more than you think, for alot more than you think.

94tegRS
02-07-2002, 05:51 PM
k, thanks for the sitre, and the info about the valvetrain. well, whatabout the bore to 86, B17a crank, and like a B18C1 head/ecu?

and what power would there be though with the new crank and pistons. and the stock non vtec head. alot more or no?

94tegRS
02-07-2002, 06:43 PM
what about juts high C/R pistons to ad a bit more power?

Add your comment to this topic!