Murcie roadster in the making pics

Alienz
08-27-2004, 06:19 AM
I'm not sure if this is a repost but here it is:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=176015&sessionkey={60302FCE-4478-46AE-B06A-0DBC3F7D8BA9}

MalkaJB
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Wow, it's incredible to see people, and not machines, actually building such sophisticated automobiles.

Thanks Alienz.

jim501
09-21-2004, 03:56 AM
Hey guys,
These photos seem a bit weird. These photos aren't taken in the factory. The roadsters are produced on the same line as the coupe. The only explanation I can come up with is that this is a prototype being made in the R&D division. I'm not sure what that looks like because we could only go in the factory (naturally) when I was there. Even so, they do all the cars by hand in the factory. My girlfriend couldn't believe that there were no machines around. She finally understands why these cars cost so much.

TexasF355F1
09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I have to agree with Jim. That's definately not in the production line. The car is not completely covered in black protectant and the engine cover looks like clay. If anyone caught Rides on TLC last week then you would know exactly what the production line at Lambo looks like, and that's not it.

jim501
09-22-2004, 03:14 AM
When I was at the museum they had a green Murci roadster that from a distant looked real, I was confused because I knew the show car was yellow so I had a closer look and it turned out the car was actually made of a plastic. One head light was real and so were the wheels and tyres. So they may have made a couple of these. I've got a picture so once I learn to upload pics I can if anyone wants.

superkarma
09-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Some of the pieces don't look standard, look at the back lights, you can just see that they have circular parts in them, nothing like the normal lights. Could this be a replica, although there is a Gallardo in one of the photos too which for some reason makes me doubt that. Also that engine cover looks funny, it would be made in one mould surley no stuck together like that, so that suggests it's an early prototype or replica.

CRXloon
09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
When I was at the museum they had a green Murci roadster that from a distant looked real...I had a closer look and it turned out the car was actually made of a plastic... One head light was real and so were the wheels and tyres...

It was still there last week; on the first floor, right?

jim501
09-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Yeah, that's the one. I was there on the 7th of September.

Add your comment to this topic!