Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking to buy a 66 Chevelle

Spike Spiegel
08-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi, this is my first post here, been browsing for a while though. Anyway, I'm looking to buy a 66 Chevelle, and should be going to look at the car sometime in the next week or so. Are there any problems in particular I should look for in this year? Here's the desciption from the seller:

1966 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE, Beautiful factory 396 chevelle super sport, 138 vin # car, mildly built 396 motor, ps, pb, bucket seats, floor console, ralley wheels, turbo 350 transmission, factory air conditioning (missing compressor and brackets), laser straight body with no rust or accidents ever, show quality paint color sanded and polished to a mirror like shine, new black interior, nice local level show car, runs and drives like new.

How much will it cost to repair the air conditioning? Also, what is your opinion of the Chevy 396 engine? Thanks for the advice!

balls_to_the_wall
08-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Im not sure about the cost to fix the AC...but my dad owns a 69 SS396/325hp (TH400) chevelle, and that thing is just plain awsome, with that big block, you have gobs of torque. Myself, I just love that 396 to death. But myself, if it is a decent price, I would go ahead and buy the car, the AC dosen't matter to much if you don't mind driving with the windows down...

Add your comment to this topic!