Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

If you wanna buy a car, then resell it...

EmpireKing01
08-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Do you have to register? For example....my friend might sell me his car at a good price if I pay him cash now. If I dont wanna drive or use the car, just want to resell it to make a small profit, do I still need to register the car? Or could I just hand over the title to the new owner without registering the car?

CraigFL
08-27-2004, 12:20 PM
For many years, people would have the owner sign the title but not fill out the rest of the information. Then, it could be sold later by just passing on the signed title. While technically illegal, I'm sure that many still do it. If you do it too much, it may catch up with you and the state may look at you as a "dealer" and close you down. It just happened here recently and the Sheriff took possesion of about 10 cars and sold them at an auction.

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-27-2004, 01:20 PM
^ so that how some of the nices car end up at auctions

kman10587
08-27-2004, 01:54 PM
That, and police auctions. You can get some sick deals at police auctions. :)

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-27-2004, 02:28 PM
yah i no im best freidn his dad works for the fbi where they take care of all the cars so when the cars go to auction he noes what problems they have but there a rule that said he cant go there cause he no the problems but when i get my license ive gone there before they tale the cars and have driven a few they get some nice ass cars there

EmpireKing01
08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks, I might do that. Shouldn't hurt if I do it just once.

Add your comment to this topic!