Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why do people Think Integras are Sports cars?

joshsworld21
08-26-2004, 03:54 PM

Ace$nyper
08-26-2004, 03:55 PM
guess whos going to be banned and its not me

CivicSpoon
08-26-2004, 03:59 PM
And the Integra Type R is considered a sports car, that's what insurance classifies it as, but :gives: :banhim:

tsugsr
08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Yea ban his little ass.

SBallerk2
08-26-2004, 04:57 PM
what dum azz....ITR HOMIE...hahaha...

joshsworld21
08-26-2004, 05:09 PM
I may get banned b/c i have the right to express my opinion, but if i do just remember you drive an integra that only has about 180hp stock if its "the typeR"!! How sad. But hey its your ride and if your happy with what ya got then bring it to the track.

engineer
08-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I may get banned b/c i have the right to express my opinion, but if i do just remember you drive an integra that only has about 180hp stock if its "the typeR"!! How sad. But hey its your ride and if your happy with what ya got then bring it to the track.

mmm... how sad. thank god every car doesnt make 100hp/litre... because then vipers would only be 5 litres.... and what kind of american would u be to drive a car with a TINY 5 litre?

for all the idiots that are going 2 take this seriously and offensively ... !!!!! SARCASM !!!!!

charlieteg
08-26-2004, 05:42 PM
haha fuck that, whats he got?

joshsworld21
08-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I have a 92 non sports car Integra. And i have a 91 300zx Twin Turbo that has 522 RWHP. No its not the best thing out their to own, but hey they come stock with 2 turbos!!!! Its a true sports car!! And never was intended to be for family use. Z1motorsports baby!! Jim wolf Technoligies!! Oh And i have some american muscle in development thats gonna blow my 300zx away!! Chevy Chevelle SS!!

joshsworld21
08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Charlieteg!! What do you got?

Privatebigandrew
08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I have complete respect for chevelle's. We have a 69' ss with the 454 in it, but you gotta admit, that big tank is only fast going straight. Integra's are both family cars and sports cars. The LS 4 door, clearly a family car. But what human in there right mind is going to put a carseat in a 2 door GSR or a ITR and rev it to 8000 RPM's. Clearly those are not family cars, they are sport cars. See, there is this thing called leagues. The integra "is" a sports car, though it may not be in the same league as say a corvette.

charlieteg
08-26-2004, 08:26 PM
you know i got an integra but were not all rich asses like you... gotta make do with what we can

Rating
08-27-2004, 12:00 AM
I do my own work, I make my own hp, I've waxed Twin Turbo 300's. I've waxed Chevelle's.

Although I might have only beat them because all they know how to do it write checks.

Sad but true.

I dont think my teg is a sports car, I just think its a car that needs someone to wax.

pikkagtr
08-27-2004, 02:56 AM
I have a 92 non sports car Integra. And i have a 91 300zx Twin Turbo that has 522 RWHP. No its not the best thing out their to own, but hey they come stock with 2 turbos!!!! Its a true sports car!! And never was intended to be for family use. Z1motorsports baby!! Jim wolf Technoligies!! Oh And i have some american muscle in development thats gonna blow my 300zx away!! Chevy Chevelle SS!!

so by having more than two doors and not having 2 turbos not make a car a so-called sports car. i have a few guys over here that drive STi's and EVO's that might say other wise.
BTW can your chevelle SS hang with a supercharged ITR on a real track??? with it's huge V8 ??? sorry i forgot it only goes straight
but hey it's a sports car
too bad it didn't come with 2 stock turbos cause then it'll be [/QUOTE] "a true sports car!!" [/QUOTE] :rofl:

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-27-2004, 03:05 AM
:banhim:

:iagree:

integralover
08-27-2004, 04:28 AM
what amazes me is the type of power that we can get out of our so called four bangin' grocery getters. now i have a freind with a v6 mustang. i have a 4 banger. and i can beat him. and he has two more cylinders than me.:screwy:why is it that honda can make a car that is so fuel efficient, but with plenty of power and room to upgrade. take ur b/s and go else where. :thefinger:
as chris rock once said,"but can ya kick my ass":lol:

dampachi
08-27-2004, 05:01 AM
Some people like imports. some people like domestics. some people like having a 4 door 'family car' that can blow the doors off a 'real sports' car. In the end...who fucking cares what people think their Integras are? If I think an apple is an orange are you going to start a thread and whine about that too? god damn. Just learn to accept that some people have difference tastes. and hell...most of them people who 'think their integra is a sports car' can't afford anything better so they make due with what they've got. and if you can't respect that than you're an idiot.

megaman277
08-27-2004, 11:02 AM

FREEZE, now slowly stand back and take the integras p*nis out of your mouth.

obbiously he's a hater if hes gonna take time to post something like this...ooooo he's got a chevelle ss, scarry i know some tegs that will bolow the door handles off that car...oooo your car can do wheelies and stuff like that you get much respect...and to all of my integra drivers, dont explain nothing to a coward like this, we drive honda/acura, the most hated cars on the road, he's just another one that wants to get down!!!!

SiGNAL748
08-27-2004, 02:25 PM
joshsworld21, I'll try to keep this as professional as possible.

You first have to first examine the definition of the term "Sports Car". Is it how many doors it has? Obviously not, since an STi and/or Evo will destroy most any 2 door you put up against it. Is it the fact that a car has a turbo? Again obviously not, an Acura NSX is naturally aspirated and can pull a low 13 on the quarter, stock. Is it how much horsepower it has? Again, No, a Lotus Elise only puts out 190hp and can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

Tell me joshsworld21, what is a sports car? and why is an integra gsr/type-r not a sports car?

majinvegeta290
08-27-2004, 03:39 PM
ouch

MR2Driver
08-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Mind if I chime in? Too bad...

1. The Chevelle is not a sports car, its a pony car or muscle car depending on the year/model.
2. The STI or EVO are not sports cars, they are rally inspired sport 4 door sedans. No one will argue that they arent fast.
3. The Integra may not be a sports car, but who says a car has to be a sports car to be a fast car or handle well? Pony Cars, Muscle Cars, Motorcycles, Barchettas and Roadsters arent considered sports cars, but they still have their place in Motorsports. Just like Rally inspired cars....

Get off your high horse if you own a sports car, because there ARE some "Grocery getter" "Econobox's" that WILL give you a run for your money.

Everyone has the right to tune whatever car they wish.

But to answer one question here: Why isnt the Integra a sports car?
1. Its purpose (an economy car)
2. Its drivetrain (FF)
3. The fact that is has a 4 door model.
4. Its center of gravity and stance.
5. Its power rating.

Sports cars have always been, by definition, RWD 2 door 2 seaters, with weekend spirited driving as a purpose, usually hardtop removable or T-top.

engineer
08-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Sports cars have always been, by definition, RWD 2 door 2 seaters, with weekend spirited driving as a purpose, usually hardtop removable or T-top.

r u stuck in a 60's nightmare or something??? that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

integralover
08-27-2004, 08:42 PM

You first have to first examine the definition of the term "Sports Car". Is it how many doors it has? Obviously not, since an STi and/or Evo will destroy most any 2 door you put up against it. Is it the fact that a car has a turbo? Again obviously not, an Acura NSX is naturally aspirated and can pull a low 13 on the quarter, stock. Is it how much horsepower it has? Again, No, a Lotus Elise only puts out 190hp and can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

Tell me joshsworld21, what is a sports car? and why is an integra gsr/type-r not a sports car?
:iagree:

rak3
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
:eek2: :banhim: just about any car stock is not a true sports car. and unless you have done upgrades on the stock twin turbos, yours aint shit either, with the money you put in the twin turbo 300 to have that horepower :bs:, you can put in any car and make it a sports car :thefinger one more thing, how many integras have you raced that have something done to them by somone who knows what they are doing and not just some punkass high schooler with a 2-door and a wallet??? If you wanna come onto our forums and talk shit about our cars beat a real one and tell about it first. :cheers:

SBallerk2
08-27-2004, 09:35 PM
...all listed car's R great ones with mad respect..."down and upside's on all car's...well most"

I'm just happy I drive a Prelude...with Bang and won't kill me if I need 2...Stree a car or two!!!

thank u HONDA!!!

cdm_ipgamer
08-27-2004, 10:34 PM
This guy obviously doesn't know much about engines. I honestly don't care to tell another mullethead how many times I've seen Integras beat Mustangs.

Rating
08-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Mustangs are slow anyways, etc the older model 5.0 there pretty sweet.

charlieteg
08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
hes gettin called out and hes gone haha

engineer
08-28-2004, 02:23 AM
:eek2: :banhim: just about any car stock is not a true sports car. and unless you have done upgrades on the stock twin turbos, yours aint shit either, with the money you put in the twin turbo 300 to have that horepower :bs:, you can put in any car and make it a sports car :thefinger one more thing, how many integras have you raced that have something done to them by somone who knows what they are doing and not just some punkass high schooler with a 2-door and a wallet??? If you wanna come onto our forums and talk shit about our cars beat a real one and tell about it first. :cheers:

who else thinks this is mindless dribble?

integralover
08-28-2004, 02:32 AM
:wtf:
engineer i agree

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
08-28-2004, 02:39 AM

o shit dam thats a good way to say it

KrNxRaCer00
08-28-2004, 06:55 AM
well this was worthless.

sorry it took a while, tried to get squared away over here in korea.

Add your comment to this topic!