Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anybody know of turbos for RSX???

acraRSX10
02-06-2002, 07:28 PM
I just purchased a RSX and wanted to see if anybody knew about turbos for RSX to add alittle horses?...anything is helpful...thanks in advance

kale82
02-07-2002, 10:23 AM
Both HKS and Greddy have turbos in development, but nothings released... and there's a few other companies like RevHard that can make custom turbo kits for anything.. but I'd imagine that'd be more expensive.. I'd wait another 6 months or so before you'll see kits specifically for the RSX.

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

xil akuma lix
02-11-2002, 03:45 PM
will the turbo be out for the base or type s or both? im deciding whether i should get an rsx s or a lude and right now im leaning more towards the lude because there's more parts available but then again i also tested a type s today and i really liked it so im stuck

kale82
02-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by xil akuma lix
will the turbo be out for the base or type s or both? im deciding whether i should get an rsx s or a lude and right now im leaning more towards the lude because there's more parts available but then again i also tested a type s today and i really liked it so im stuck

Couldn't tell ya for sure man.. they're bein "tite-lipped" about it.. sorry.
If I find anything else out, I'll be sure to post it for you tho.

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

kale82
02-11-2002, 05:55 PM
well, I found some more info on turbos for the rsx but still no definate dates or answers... here's a few links you can check out that has info.

http://www.autoweek.com/specials/2001_sema/honda/hks/1.htm
http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/autoshows/2001_sema/2001_sema.xml

and here are some quotes directly from the forums of HKS....

12/23/01
Q:Is HKS making any parts for a 2002 RSX Type-S? Turbo kits maybe?
A:For basic components we have a Cat-Back Hi-Power exhaust system coming out and a Super Mega Flow intake.

We have a RSX Type-S project car that is currently turbocharged and running great. We are aiming to offer a CARB version and an off-road version. From initial testing of the GT ball-Bearing turbo kit, it produces about 240hp to the wheels.

It was recently displayed at the 2001 SEMA show as with other smaller shows. Club RSX took some images of it at the recent Shine Street RSX Meet. I can post the URL of the coverage at a later date.

Will
HKS USA

------------------------------------------------

2/7/02
Q:hey i saw an article on street tuner about the HKS RSX the blue 1 thats turboed i was wondering if u guys have more info on it such as parts ETC cause this is the first rsx ive seen yet to be turboed and souped up as it is very nice!!!! looking frwd to the response and do u guys carry any RSX parts as it is today ? besides the the exhaust and intake ?

A:That RSX is out long term project as with the WRX. The Blue RSX Type S is running our prototype GT2835 Ball-Bearing turbo kit. We are aiming to offer a bolt-on turbo kit for the Type-S relatively soon. There is a lot slotted for the RSX, everything from the basic intake and exhaust to the turbo kit and F-CON S engine management. The car will be featured in our both at the IAS show in april. The exhaust and intake will be the first parts available.

Thanks,

Will
HKS USA

--------------------------------------------------

1/26/02
Q:When will the tubo kit for the Acura RSX Type-S be introduced? Thank you.

A:The GT Ball-Bearing turbo kits is being tested at high boost levels to determine its maximize safe output. We aim to get the kit into production asap in the same time frame as our new engine management system, F-CON S

Thanks,

Will
HKS USA

------------------------------------------------

Anyways, hope this helps some!

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

xil akuma lix
02-11-2002, 07:31 PM
240 hp at the wheels? not bad! im still stuck though..hehe
oh yeah, how safe would that be? the type s has pretty high compression as compared to the base model

kale82
02-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by xil akuma lix
240 hp at the wheels? not bad! im still stuck though..hehe
oh yeah, how safe would that be? the type s has pretty high compression as compared to the base model

well they specifically said that their test vehicle is a type-s and that's the one pushing 240hp at the wheels and they also said specifically that it's running great! So it looks pretty promising!! I bet that the CARB legal kit too!! *Cackle* :D

I CAN'T WAIT!!

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

xil akuma lix
02-12-2002, 08:06 AM
i cant wait either! :D

xil akuma lix
02-13-2002, 07:53 PM
i saw on clubrsx that there might be a jrsc out also pretty soon. i want an rsx :(

kale82
02-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by kale82
Both HKS and Greddy have turbos in development, but nothings released... and there's a few other companies like RevHard that can make custom turbo kits for anything.. but I'd imagine that'd be more expensive.. I'd wait another 6 months or so before you'll see kits specifically for the RSX.

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

Got more info for ya!

Ok, I emailed RevHard and they are indeed in production of a Turbo for the RSX... They said it should be done this month.. and you can reserver 1 of the first 10 made rite now, if you call them now. Their number is 818-764-4312. The only thing I know about the kit for sure is it costs $4,595.00... :eek: ouch :eek: BUT, the kits these guys make have alot more output than any other normal bolt-on kit I've seen on the market.. At that price I expect it to be give'n an extra 120+ HP.. so figure 320hp... I'll call them tomorrow and find out the for sure specs on it and post it as soon as I know.

Thought you guys would like to know the info when I know it! heheh

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

kale82
02-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Ok, just got ahold of RevHard.. they haven't gotten their test RSX on a dyno yet... but the turbo is use'n 7psi and they expect it to give an extra 100hp at the wheels...so figure a 300hp RSX minimum @ the wheels...sounds pretty nice to me!!! it's $4,595.. but that's a full kit.. Intercooler and the whole shot, so really it's not a bad price.. they said Greddy's turbo for the RSX dyno'd at 70hp to the wheels at 5psi.. looks like Greddy is play'n it safe with their turbo kit.. They say they update their website at least every month and they'd post dyno results when they get it done... hope that helps!!

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

90CRXZCSi
03-09-2002, 11:30 AM
It's probably gonna be about 270 to the wheels because the Type S has 200hp @the flywheel not the wheels so it should be around 270 total if it gives 100 more hp, which means the RSX Type S probably has about 170 to the wheels stock.;)

GrandMackMattst
05-11-2002, 11:47 PM
hey...this is about the Revhard kit...
they jus recently did a dyno...and they got 227 hp to the wheels @ 5-6 psi....but this is just the prototype....so lets hope the real one is faster.

Add your comment to this topic!