Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gallardo vs 360 Modena vs Supra

elmnts of trnce
08-25-2004, 03:12 AM
This is another one of those fantasy threads. If you had the money to buy a Lamborghini Gallardo, a Ferrari 360 or an MKIV TT Supra, which one would you choose? (Suppose that if you chose the Supra, you'd be able to modify it as much as you want, all costs covered).

kman10587
08-25-2004, 03:15 AM
I'd take the Supra TT, since I'm a big Toyota fan. Ferrari and Lamborghini are way too exotic for my tastes anyways.

Jimster
08-25-2004, 04:53 AM
Ferrari.

A Supra is still a crass, tacky Japper posing as a supercar no matter what you do to it. A Ferrari is a Ferrari- it's got a vibe that no Japper could ever match.

drunken monkey
08-25-2004, 07:42 AM
the gallardo for me.
mainly cos i'm still in awe of how small it really is.
london roads aren't the best place to drive/park wide supercars.

of course, i've never seen all three lined up.
maybe the small width/appearance was a proportional thing.

3kgt8
08-25-2004, 05:30 PM
man why would you pick a supra?? owning a ferrari has no comparison.

engineer
08-25-2004, 05:36 PM
im an import fan... but i would take the ferrari (id take the lambo if it was a murcielago or a diablo VT)

the 360 is an amazing machine and no matter how much money u slap in2 the supra it will never come close to the ferrari, especially in all aspects of handling.

NISSANSPDR
08-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Gallardo...rarer than the 360

mason_RsX
08-25-2004, 05:51 PM
360 over it all...I don't think even a modified supra has the same soul as a damn ferrari. and I think the gallardo is Lamborgini making their porsche boxter... 360 has performance, looks, style, and recognitioj

crayzayjay
08-25-2004, 06:57 PM
I'd take the Gallardo. Especially now that the 430 has replaced the 360 and it's not an option on the poll :p

91300zxtt
08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
gallardo, i would take the ferrari too. seriously though who would take a supra over either? sure you can mod it to be faster, but it still wont look half as good.

kman10587
08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't really like exotics/Italian cars. I'd rather have a convential front-engine, rear-wheel-drive car any day.

del
08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
i'd have to go with the modena. but i'd take a murcielago over the modena, but not sure about the gallardo. dont' get me wrong, i'd take a gallardo any day of the week. but the modena is just sweet.

not really sure how you can rightfully compare a supra to the ferrari or lamborghini. i'd take either italian over the fastest and most tricked out supra there is.

Jimster
08-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Can I ask WHY you'd take an FR over an MR? It's like having physics working against you vs. Working for you. (I think, I failed School C Physics and I'm rubbish at Maths :p)

kman10587
08-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Because I wouldn't take the Supra for performance (I'd take the Gallardo for that), I'd take it just because I like the car :T

DinanM3_S2
08-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Well with the $100,000+ difference between the supra TT and the Italians, im pretty sure you could get the supra to out perform. (I've seen what 1,000 hp supras can do). However I dont think that I would enjoy an over modified Supra as much as a Ferrari 360 Modena. The styling, sound, and feel of the 360 is amazing. I've never been a big fan of Lambos, so is doesnt get my vote. So out of these three cars, im goin with the 360. However... I'm a bigger fan of the Porsche 996 GT3, 996 Turbo, and the Ford GT.

kman10587
08-26-2004, 01:36 AM
Ford GT is one sick machine. I'd take that over any car on this list :D

9eleventb0
08-26-2004, 09:19 AM
in straight line acceleration, a modified supra would be more fun than the 360 and gallardo IMO......i just love the sound of the I-6 and the turbos spooling up along with the incredible high end thrust you can get from a modded supra. overall however, i'd have to take the ferrari. though it loses out on acceleration, its handling is superb, it has the best looks out of the whole bunch, and it makes a damn good engine noise. the gallardo really doesn't do the trick for me but if you put a murcielago in this comparison, i would take that even over the 360. i'm really diggin the new f430 too but i have to wait and see how it measures up to the rest of the competition before passing judgment......after all, with the new 997 turbo and gt3 due in the next few years, i'll have to see which company ends up on top

ghetto7o2azn
08-26-2004, 04:49 PM
how many people that chose the ferrari and lambo can afford mantenance of the car? ferraris and lambos arent great on reliability either... they are basically race cars for the street... do u think ferrari and lambo parts are cheap??? doubt it... then to fix it, u cant just go down the street to a local honda dealership to get it fixed... there are only a few places where u can get them serviced etc... this is the reason why i couldnt keep an enzo if someone gave it to me... unless i just had it on display... i couldnt afford the $700 price tag to change the oil... or the $30,000 to change the calipers and rotors... now think to yourself... how hard and expensive is it to service a toyota?? plus the supra will most likely have better reliability than the lambo and ferrari... of course until u mod the hell out of it.... for these reasons i choose the supra

Ssom
08-26-2004, 07:40 PM
If you question the reliablility or cost of an Italian car then you aren't the kind of person who should be owning one, go buy a Porsche or a Japper....

elmnts of trnce
08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
If you question the reliablility or cost of an Italian car then you aren't the kind of person who should be owning one, go buy a Porsche or a Japper....

exactly, thats why he said he would rather take the supra.

lancerboy
08-27-2004, 01:23 AM
As RJ De Vera wrote, "I've driven the perfect street car and it was stock."
Gallardo all the way

engineer
08-27-2004, 03:22 AM
yes ive seen what 1200+hp supras can do... eat tyres like a mofo and not much else :) ... dont get me wrong, the 2JZ is probably japans best engine for big HP...but its called overpowering the chassis... u cant drive it it becomes a dyno beast the only thing u can do to it then is build it in2 a full tube chassis drag car...

Neutrino
08-27-2004, 03:43 AM
while I love the supra, if i could aford the exotics I would not hesitate even 1 sec to choose the italians.

Now to the the italians. Gallardo is an amazing car but it just doesn't stand up to my #1 favorite car in the world the 360 modena.

As Tiff Needel put it after test driving the Gallardo: "I'm afraid is not quite exceptional enough to make you cancel your order for a Ferrari 360". He found the driving dynamics of the lambo to be a bit lacking, I guess ze germans *cough* audi *cough* designed the handling for safety rather than racing.

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 03:45 AM
I guess ze germans *cough* audi *cough* designed the handling for safety rather than racing.
I would have thought that's precisely why you'd tale the Gallardo over the 360 :thefinger

Neutrino
08-27-2004, 03:54 AM
I would have thought that's precisely why you'd tale the Gallardo over the 360 :thefinger

I'm sorry sir but you must be confusing me with one of them stiff ass brits, always afraid to wrinkle their suits on the way to the obligatory 5 o'clock tea at the club.

and i'll see your :thefinger and raise you :thefinger :thefinger

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Afraid to wrinkle our suits? Why, old fellow, the constant rain makes for constant wrinkly suits. We're used to it :D

Neutrino
08-27-2004, 04:17 AM
Afraid to wrinkle our suits? Why, old fellow, the constant rain makes for constant wrinkly suits. We're used to it :D

My....that is so uncivilised. Having tea at the club wearing a wrinkled suit. How barbaric, how could you possibly survive in such dreadful conditions?

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 04:36 AM
Seriously, it pissed it down this morning and my suit is drenched. Don't get me started on my wig

http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/3/31/Barristers.jpg

:iceslolan

Neutrino
08-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Seriously, it pissed it down this morning and my suit is drenched. Don't get me started on my wig

http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/3/31/Barristers.jpg

:iceslolan

gotta say though that foo wig is da shiznit, I bet it gets teh ladies

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 05:28 AM
You know how it is :iceslolan

Jimster
08-27-2004, 06:56 AM
How dare you bastards whore this thread.

Without me :loser:

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Bah... the topic is the mother of all reposts within this forum (exotic vs tuned jap), so it was either close it or whore it up! And since locking threads seems to be having no effect, maybe whoring's the way to go :thefinger

Jimster
08-27-2004, 07:05 AM
You talking to me? I don't see anyone else here..... Shut up, no you shut up shut no you shut up...

drunken monkey
08-27-2004, 11:34 AM
actually, it's not the wig that get's the ladies...

it's the big fat pay packets that people wearing them wigs get.

anyway.
the thing about lamborghini not setting up the car for racing.
um, just a little point/question.
how many pure bred lamborghini race cars have there been?
i mean, they never really were a race car maker were they.

crayzayjay
08-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Nope. Lambo has very little racing heritage. Apart from own-make series and building F1 engines for a brief period, i cant think of anything they contributed to international motorsport...

jrlax18
08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
A Supra, even a supra with 500+ horsepower will never give you the same satisfaction as driving a Ferrari. You cannot even compare the japanese sports cars to a legendary Ferrari exotic. And this is a big import fan saying this.

V8slayer
08-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I don't consider the Supra to be in the same club as the other two.

However, I don't think it's fair to compare a Gallardo to a 360 either. The Ferrari was released in 1999. Gallardo just came out last year. Four more years of advancement in R&D so Lambo and Audi should pack up shop if they can't out do a 360 in performance.

The Challenge Stradale however is a different story. A bit too bare bones for my taste but an unbelievable piece of machinery.

I would like to see the Gallardo v.s. the F430 though.

Add your comment to this topic!