Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1971 fusebox/Relay Wiring Question

mark09
08-25-2004, 01:34 AM
OK....I am desperate! I know a little about wiring but after a few months I'm about to go crazy! I bought a 71 superbeetle that had ALL the wiring stripped out (please don't say anything, I don't know why they did it..lol) and since I know a little about wiring I figured ...no problem. Well, it's a pain in the ass! I bought a wiring harness and got everything hooked up except the fusebox and the three relays on it(dimmer, turnsignal, buzzer). I have bought about five manuels with wiring diagrams and none of them are very clear on which wires connect on each relay(since the fusebox has no wires in it to just plug the relay into it's like guessing which color wire goes on which relay terminal). If anyone can indicate how the wires connect by color to these relays or anything that would be awsome. Also, is there any easy way to know which colored wires go on each of the fuse terminals by thr terminal number?

I was going to break down and take it to a VW restoration shop but they told me it would run between $400-$600 and I just don't have that to spend right. I know wiring is a bitch but I have done a lot so far and now it's personal....:-)

Thanks,
Mark09

Add your comment to this topic!