Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ancient Stuff...Camera0 meesed it up:P

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-24-2004, 10:58 PM
The name says it all. This is some very very old stuff I did. I found it so I decided to put it up. So, without further ado, my bad stuff...

PS My camera really screwed up some of them!
Oh, and these are all 20-30 minute quickies...

This one's back wheel is all messed up...
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/9869/AlsCameraII100.jpg
This one's front end got stretched...
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/1720/AlsCameraII101.jpg
This one isn't too bad, but seems so looong...in real life it is my favourite of these...
PS, please don't ask about the horses. I don't know...
http://img40.exs.cx/img40/6892/AlsCameraII103.jpg
This isn't too bad a bit twisted...
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/5001/AlsCameraII104.jpg

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Woah!!! Those are so big! Sorry! Image shack messed it up. I'll deal with it in the morning...

KustmAce
08-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Not that old. 8 months?

BTW...whats the deal with the horses? :lol:

Zwofurti
08-25-2004, 08:57 AM
you have to practice on your proportions=)

Jeep_Rubicon
08-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Need to work on proportions, the drawings are still pretty good.

bonzelite
08-25-2004, 12:27 PM
some of these cars are not old. so the drawings are not old. it is ok if you are a beginner.

with time, you will improve. you actually draw very well. ;)

Ra_15
08-25-2004, 01:13 PM
There not bad! Just take your time with the proportions.

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Jeep, Bonz, Zwo - The proportions got really F***ed up with my stupid camera. They are actually not that bad. Also the camera did not pick up alot of contrast so the shading looks pretty bad too.
Bonz - I have been drawing since I am 3...Drawing cars since I was 9...so I'm not that new...
Ross, thanx, but as I said above, the camera got it really messed up. Especially the ferrari!
Tim - 8 months may not seem like alot to you, but my improvement over that time was like 250%!! so to me these seem really old....
Ps, Hell, I don't know what happened to the horsies!

If I can get a scanner I will post up some of my new stuff. I got a hot rod up a few months ago. But I have still improved from then. I have yet to reach the talent that comes with experiance you have Bonz, but I think I am far from a beginner. These are some really quick sketches, so they are not the greatest. I have never really had the patience to do great works untill a month or so ago, so I have never put alot of time into my works until now.

Thanx for the crits and comments. I have done lots of work with proportions and I am considering smashing my camera at this point in time. But I probably won't because I am tired and not thinkin straight right now...

you
08-26-2004, 12:53 AM
I wish they werent so big, i dont even think my computer will load them....

EDIT

ok it sorta loaded them. Dont blaim the camera, it seems like it takes good pics. The proportions are off a bit, but you seem to have a good style with your drawing which makes up for it.

Oh and you could Try taking a pic directly over the drawings instead of at an angle like that.

I want to see your new stuff... :iceslolan

bonzelite
08-26-2004, 02:17 AM
Jeep, Bonz, Zwo - The proportions got really F***ed up with my stupid camera. They are actually not that bad. Also the camera did not pick up alot of contrast so the shading looks pretty bad too.
Bonz - I have been drawing since I am 3...Drawing cars since I was 9...so I'm not that new...

highocty, you talk of "psychological distance." for example, i can say that a drawing of mine is only 1yr old. but this is not old physically. but the *mental distance*, the skill i have acquired in that one year, is vast. a drawing only six months old can look awful compared to today. so i understand what you mean by "old."

i did not mean to insult you. you draw very well. i, too, have drawn since i was 3. i am now 34. so much time and much distance has come for me. i nearly cannot believe i am this old, but i hope to live and draw to 104. so i am just a beginner!;)

Mshkttck
08-26-2004, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=HighOctaneNOSUser]
Tim - 8 months may not seem like alot to you, but my improvement over that time was like 250%!! so to me these seem really old....
QUOTE]

I understand.

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that is how the proportions got all messed up. The wheels suck ass, I didn't have any templates back then, that's no camera trick. But the are stretched because of the angle I took them. Glad you guys understand what I am saying, cuz half the time, I don't:P

Jeep_Rubicon
08-26-2004, 12:57 PM
HighOctaneNOSUser (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=97964): Do you have any recent drawings that you can post?

HighOctaneNOSUser
08-26-2004, 01:02 PM
no, my dad has the cam and my sisters scanner is broken, as is my cousin. Basically I'm screwed hor now. And Jeep, Call me Alex...it's easier. Instead of Copying and pasting my username...

Jeep_Rubicon
08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Ok. Thanks

NitrousX
08-27-2004, 06:12 AM
They look nice, just work on not making the back sluch so much on all of them. Keep up the nice art work.

Add your comment to this topic!