Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Will ANY Damage Be Done..Please Help..

solaris=amazing
08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok i've been looking all over, and there is very little info on taking off the mufflers/putting straightpipe on. I want to just cut off the mufflers-right at the start of them(backside) and slip on then clamp on straight pipe on each side. Will this cause any problems, like CHECK ENGINE light, or stalling?? I'm keeping the cats, and this is a very easy job. The reason for this, well, i just want my 95 tbird to sound alittle more rumbling. All exhaust lines are clean, no rot whatsoever. Please, if you have ANY info, let me know. BTW, the pipes are the same exact size(diameter round) as the exhaust lines.

solaris=amazing
08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
If you go to get the car inspected, will they pass it with this?? I see mustangs, and mercury merauders like this, so i believe it's ok.

flewthecoupe
08-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Sit back and really think about your question and I'll bet you can come up with the right answer.

Oh, isn't this more or less a repost?

solaris=amazing
08-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Dude, i need to know this. I know it's a repost but i need to know cause i just bought 2 fully chromed straights and i got a week to take em back if i don't want it, ok.

flewthecoupe
08-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Dude,

1. Why would it cause a check engine light?
2. Why would it make the car stall?
3. What is a muffler and what does it do?
4. What happens when you try to put 2 pieces of tubing together that are the same diameter?

solaris=amazing
08-24-2004, 08:58 PM
flewthecoupe, thanks. I just wanted to make sure you know. I seen CamaroSSboy with that setup on his green bird, looks hot. Also, by diameter i mean the straights i got, well the inside round, is exactly the exhaust lines outside round. So this is a good slip on (slightly tight) joint. Hmm, i wonder how much those 2 mufflers weigh together.

thunderbird muscle
08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Yes it will work, but I would suggest you have them welded on!

I have basically the same set-up!

CamaroSSBoy346
08-25-2004, 12:22 AM
not to be an asshole, but i think i foresee a darwin award winner!

thunderbird muscle
08-25-2004, 08:55 PM
lol! CamaroSSBoy yoy aint right man!

Add your comment to this topic!