Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'00 "No BUS" showing & No instruments working

bratprince
08-24-2004, 10:14 AM
For the past couple of months, at least once a week "No BUS" appears on my screen and my RPMs and MPH needles stop working. Even the gas gauge drops sometimes. Also, the engine and oil lights appear. After a couple of minutes, sometimes upwards of half an hour, everything goes back to normal! Any help would be great!

xj31
08-24-2004, 08:56 PM
its one of the connectors on the back of the cluster.its a known problem on tjs and xjs.chryslers fix is to replace the connector and clean the terminals on the cluster and put dielectric grease. the part number is 5016261AA for the connector.its pretty cheap like 6 bucks but its kind of a pain unless you like soldering.they also want you to put heat shrink tubing on.i have seen another easier way to fix it .the connectors for the cluster are mounted to the dash behind the cluster and they kind of clip in from the back.i have seen people take the connector out and put it in frt of where it was mounted and then just put the cluster back.it kind of tightens up the connections.its technically not the right way but it seems to work

Add your comment to this topic!