Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Z Check-ups

Mr.350Z
08-24-2004, 03:01 AM
How often should i take my Z in for checkup (at the Nissan dealership). im not ashamed to admit i dont know that much about cars and i have been accelrating and almost reaching top speed one time lol...so basicly i need to know how often to bring in a Z thats been pushed kinda hard. Thanks - Ryan

P.S. Top speed ive gotten her to was 131 lol im crazy..

350G
08-24-2004, 09:03 PM
131 . . . not bad. I haven't gone that fast since I don't have a radar detector (or a death wish :D ). As far as how often you should visit your dealer, just look at your maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. You drive hard, so go about 3/4 of what they tell ya . . .

Street Sports
08-24-2004, 09:22 PM
131 . . . not bad. I haven't gone that fast since I don't have a radar detector (or a death wish :D ). As far as how often you should visit your dealer, just look at your maintenance schedule in the owner's manual. You drive hard, so go about 3/4 of what they tell ya . . .

Excellent advice. Most maintenance schedules have a "severe duty" type of schedule used for vehicles in hard use (such as you describe) or also certain areas of the country (high heat, high dust, etc). Just follow the recommendations and you should be okay.

Shawn @ Street Sports

otter7467
08-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Just make sure you are getting a full synthetic, and from what i am told (by my buddies dad a vp at mobil) it is best to stick to the same oil. Some thing about different companies using different additives.

Add your comment to this topic!