Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CROWER cams for cheap!

boosted k20
08-23-2004, 08:13 PM
wassup. well i was on www.honda-tech.com and i found this guy thats selling CROWER stuff for really cheap. i purchased a set of CROWER stage NON-Vtec Cams (part number 62403) from him for $339 shipped to my house. he sends out the order to crower and Crower sends the cams directly to you. i ordered the cams and got them in less than a week! very satisfied.

If u guys r interested, his AIM sn is Smoothgalant2 and his honda-tech sn is importcarpartsplus
check it out. i can vouch for him
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=862702&page=4

integralover
08-24-2004, 01:30 PM
i'll definately keep this in mind. i'll be needing some new cams here in the next month.

nu-b94teg
08-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey Boosted.. What kind of mods do you have on your car. Is yours an LS/Vtec or factory. I have a black LS but I'm looking for ideas. I thought of the LS/Vtec, nitrous or just putting a turbo on my stock engine. I'm not sure what I want yet, so any feedback you can give me would be appreciated

boosted331
08-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Boosted.. What kind of mods do you have on your car. Is yours an LS/Vtec or factory. I have a black LS but I'm looking for ideas. I thought of the LS/Vtec, nitrous or just putting a turbo on my stock engine. I'm not sure what I want yet, so any feedback you can give me would be appreciated

He just said that he ordered a set of crower non-vtec cams, so I think you can use your head for this one :)

There is more potential in the VTEC head, both stock and ported. Doing an LS/VTEC setup will give you a good amount of power to begin with, and then when you get a bit tired of that you can put some new ARP studs and bolts in the motor, and turbocharge it for a LOT more power than you would make with a straight LS turbo. Or, you could also turbo it to begin with, and do the VTEC conversion later.

boosted k20
08-24-2004, 07:23 PM
well right now im running an AEM cold air intake, TSUDO full cat back, TSUDO 4-1 header, MSD 6A ignition with blaster coil, just changed park plugs and wires to NGK, APEXI SAFC (untuned right now).

On thursday im gonna be Installing my cams and other goodies:
Crower 62403 Stage 2 cams, SKUNK2 adjustable cam gears, new timing belt and H2O pump.
in a couple of months i'll be upgrading the Transmisson to a B16 with an ACT 12 lb fly wheel and EXEDY stage 1 clutch.
then in the spring im gonna install a set of Type R pistons.
If i'm not hitting mid 14's in the 1/4 mile with these mods, im gonna spray a small 50 shot =) hopefully put n me in the 13's

integralover
08-25-2004, 03:25 AM
let us know the difference in the cams.

nu-b94teg
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey Boosted...have U Installed The Cams Yet? If So, How Did They Work For You.

boosted k20
08-28-2004, 01:12 AM
i was supposed to install them on Thursday (8/26/04) at my friends shop. the shop was really busy, so we ended up working on other cars. tomorrow im gonna install them. I wont be able to tell u the difference right away cuz i have to break the cams in for a couple hundred miles. when i break them in i'll tell u how they feel vs stock

integralover
08-28-2004, 02:35 AM
so cams have to be broken in? i can understand the engine. like the pistons and the bottom half but, the cams? i guess i learn something new everyday.:dunno:

b18 ls
08-28-2004, 09:26 AM
i was supposed to install them on Thursday (8/26/04) at my friends shop. the shop was really busy, so we ended up working on other cars. tomorrow im gonna install them. I wont be able to tell u the difference right away cuz i have to break the cams in for a couple hundred miles. when i break them in i'll tell u how they feel vs stock

Hey, how long did it take to get your cams. Did you get them from that guy in Va. If so, can I get his info. I'm going to go ahead and get a set now...............fISH

boosted k20
08-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I paid the guy with a money order, sent out by USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. i sent the payment out on a Tuesday and he recieved my payment that friday. he placed the order out to CROWER that same day and they shipped it to my house and i got it the following thursday. it took less than a week to reach my house from the time the guy recieved my payment. But if u live around California, then u'll probably get the cams faster cuz thats where the Crower warehouse is.
After i baught the cams, the guy said that crower increased the prices of their cams, so now u might have to pay a little more. im glad i ordered my cams when i did. if i had waited another week i would have paid a lil bit more.

hey B18LS, all of the gys information is at the top of this thread. go to the link for the hond-tech forum and u can check out more info about this guy. click on the 1st page of that thread on honda-tech. it has his phone #, address, website and more. u should instant message him and ask him some questions b4 u purchase from him. and when u do pay, make sure u IM him again and ask him to send the order out to crower. if ur persistent they will send it out faster =)

I went to my friends shop on saturday to do the cams. before trying to remove the valve springs from my engine, i practiced on a spare LS motor he had lying around in the shop. i had one of those conventional valve spring compressor's where u have to screw it from the top to compress the springs. i was able to remove and re-install all the springs on the exhaust side, but on the intake side i had some problems. the valve spring compressor couldnt fit to compress the spring. It's a good thing that i practiced on the spare engine b4 i worked on my own engine. i wouldnt have been able to remove the springs from the intake side. =)
so i have to get me one of those snap on valve spring compressor tools. so im gonna have to wait at least another week and a half in order to do my cams =/

boosted k20
08-30-2004, 10:44 AM
the guy that i got my cams just emailed me. he said the cams will now cost $360 cuz CROWER just increased their prices

integralover
08-30-2004, 10:52 AM
not too long ago i wanted to go ahead and clean up my valves and take them out. don't ask why i just felt like doing this one day? but i found the easiest way was to just go ahead and take off the head. and yea i had to put on a new head gasket but, i probably needed one anyway.

Add your comment to this topic!