Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! o2 sensor problem

jt_crx
08-23-2004, 07:31 PM
i have a crx with a b16a. it has two o2 sensors on it. i recently put on a hi-flow cat and a header, and there is only one bung for an o2 sensor. can i just get a 4 wire sensor, if so which o2 sensor plug would i use.

civicwala
08-25-2004, 08:20 PM
one option is, take both of ur o2 sensor wires and put em in one sensor, this is the cheapest way and works fine, atleast it did for me

hundahunta
08-26-2004, 12:32 AM
just install the o2 sensor in after the cat. you need to drill and weld it.

jt_crx
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
just install the o2 sensor in after the cat. you need to drill and weld it.

i got to buy 2 new 02 sensors, will they be long enough to reach? they plug in the front below the valve cover.
and where exactly would i install the other sensor. would it be on the end of the cat or on the pipe after the cat?
and also, are the 02 sensors the same. what would i ask for when i go buy them?

hundahunta
08-26-2004, 11:58 PM
i got to buy 2 new 02 sensors, will they be long enough to reach? they plug in the front below the valve cover.
and where exactly would i install the other sensor. would it be on the end of the cat or on the pipe after the cat?
and also, are the 02 sensors the same. what would i ask for when i go buy them?

one o2 sensor plugs into the exhaust manifold just befor the cat, the other needs to be installed right after the cat.. what year is that vehicle!! Is the wiring harness/connector on the engine 4 wire or 2 wire.
I don't really know if the 2 are the same I suppose so. The main o2 sensor is the one on the exhaust manifold the other o2 after the cat is to monitor the cat converter for efficiency. that's all it does. The difference between a 2 wire and 4 wire sensor is that the 4 wire o2 sensor has a heater inside of it to allow the o2 sensor to reach operating temperature faster to allow the vehicle to enter closed loop sooner to reduce emissions during cold start up and longs periods of idling....

swiftrecon
09-02-2004, 08:33 PM
one o2 sensor plugs into the exhaust manifold just befor the cat, the other needs to be installed right after the cat.. what year is that vehicle!! Is the wiring harness/connector on the engine 4 wire or 2 wire.
I don't really know if the 2 are the same I suppose so. The main o2 sensor is the one on the exhaust manifold the other o2 after the cat is to monitor the cat converter for efficiency. that's all it does. The difference between a 2 wire and 4 wire sensor is that the 4 wire o2 sensor has a heater inside of it to allow the o2 sensor to reach operating temperature faster to allow the vehicle to enter closed loop sooner to reduce emissions during cold start up and longs periods of idling....

YEAH. WHAT HE SAID!

Add your comment to this topic!