P0705- Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input) ??

Loudz34
08-23-2004, 08:09 PM
What will cause this code?? I just recently did a engine swap and this code came up. the car shifts fine but everytime i clear the code it snaps back on...???? will the shifter linkage not being adjusted right cause it??? thanks Greg

kustomkid54
08-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Try this, I don't know if it's what you want, but, maybe
http://www.autobook.co.kr/theory_practice/fuel_electrical/example/gm_sacan_data_example.htm

Loudz34
08-23-2004, 10:21 PM
So since my car does not show the position on the instrument cluster (gauges dont support it CAR~96se Motor is a 98 gt), I can just have the dtc shut off during pcm programming??? of is there a problem? I am lost on this one... thanks for the help... Greg

richtazz
08-24-2004, 09:04 AM
I would check the neutral safety switch. It's located on the shift shaft of the trans, and is a common problem. Also check the wiring leading to the switch, as it is exposed to road grime and has been known to corrode and melt.

sniperofbuffalo
04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
I have the same problem on my 04 Grand Am, you may need to replace your transmission range switch also known as the park/neutral switch, they are known for going bad. It basically tells the PCM which gear the transmission is in. Depending on the application, they may cost up to $100 and you need to special order it through a GM dealer

BNaylor
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I have the same problem on my 04 Grand Am, you may need to replace your transmission range switch also known as the park/neutral switch, they are known for going bad. It basically tells the PCM which gear the transmission is in. Depending on the application, they may cost up to $100 and you need to special order it through a GM dealer

Welcome to AF.

Sorry but please check the date and do not resurrect old threads per AF and our forum guidelines. See link below. This thread is closed.

Click here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=889742)

Add your comment to this topic!