Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Two Questions

Katakizm
08-23-2004, 06:07 PM
First question.... When i start up my 94 T-bird and take off... if i leave it in 1st and try running it past 3 grand it seems to have a govner that kicks in... but once it warms up its not a problem... any ideas on why?

Second... i've got a deck just sitting at my house and i still can't figure out how to take out the factory deck... all i can find is 4 little holes... HELP!

CamaroSSBoy346
08-23-2004, 09:22 PM
dunno bout the transmission. Might just need to warm up...

as for the deck, you'll need to remove the plastic dashboard piece (normally black, or dark blue, or dark green..depends on exterior color) that covers the gauge cluseter. Then you can rmove the black (or what ever) plastic cover that covers HVAC, and reciver, clock etc. The unit should be in a metal casing attached to the plastic cover. Un-do 2 wiring harnesses for the reciever.

lightin rod
08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
i have a 94 tbird that does the same thing the problem is not in the transmission its somwhere in the emmisions when the car is cold the computer thinks its warm and leans out the fuel mix i havnt figured out what part it is yet

emailer33
08-23-2004, 10:46 PM
dunno bout the transmission. Might just need to warm up...

as for the deck, you'll need to remove the plastic dashboard piece (normally black, or dark blue, or dark green..depends on exterior color) that covers the gauge cluseter. Then you can rmove the black (or what ever) plastic cover that covers HVAC, and reciver, clock etc. The unit should be in a metal casing attached to the plastic cover. Un-do 2 wiring harnesses for the reciever.

woah woah woah, this is not right. the four holes are meant for the ford radio removal tool. they're just two simple horseshaped pieces of metal, you can get them at your local autozone or any auto parts store. you just slide them in until you hear it locks in place, then you pull outward from both sides, so the left one you pull left, right w/ the right, and pulling it outward at you at the same time. you don't need to take off everything since the radio slides right out.

tbird92
08-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I used a wire hanger cut into 2 'U' shapes........... it took a while but was free........ that was on an 2002 Escape radio but its the same anti-theft thing.......

flewthecoupe
08-24-2004, 08:03 PM
I believe I would spend the $4 for the tools from autozone.

Katakizm
08-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey thanks guys i actually found out how to fix it later that day... its the stalling i cant figure out..

Add your comment to this topic!