Scratch/slurp sound on acceleration

JSayre
08-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Heres a strange one. When I accelerate from a stop there is a slurping/scratching sound that seems to be coming from the passenger side airbag, or the glovebox area. I happens almost everytime I take off from a complete stop. Kind of a scratch like sandpaper rubbing on something, but kind of sounds like liquid. Ive emptied the glovebox so its not simply moving around in the glovebox. Are there any fluids moving around that area of the cabin?

JSayre
08-23-2004, 06:18 PM
ive examined the sound further & it seems to be coming from a doughnut shaped thing with an air hose attached to it behind the glove box. Also it happens even in park when I give it gas. Any idea what this devise is? still not shure if this is the culprit, but its coming from right around there.

JSayre
08-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Ive read a lot of people have trouble with the heater core on Jimmys due to the dex-cool becoming gelatinous. The heater core is right there under the dash right? Could this be my noise? If so is it a big problem that I can hear the fluid moving?

death2spam
12-06-2004, 07:04 AM
[I have a 1997 Jimmy SLT that makes th same, slurp-kinda-gurggling nise in the same location...lemme know if you ever resolve it. It does not seem to hamper the heating or cooling systems at all...just disconcerting.

Add your comment to this topic!