Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 dodge truck remote controls

cldavis
08-22-2004, 11:13 PM
I bought a remote control on e-bay for my 1999 dodge ram, the seller said to come to this sight for directions to program it, please help me if you can.

BleedDodge
08-22-2004, 11:47 PM
What? So you can drive your truck from outside or what? That would be cool!

iridelow
10-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I have the same question, I to purchased a key fob for my 2001 Ram 1500. Does ANYONE know how to program this thing. I have programmed two other key fobs for other vehicles and it was easy, but you have to have the directions. Any help from this site would br great.

moparboy99
10-30-2004, 09:50 PM
I just put one into my truck the web site that I used is bulldogsecurity.com but then again I bought there system hope this helps

Firebird2000
10-31-2004, 12:36 PM
I work for the plant that makes the Keyless entry FOBS for the Jeep as well as many other makes of vehicles. In fact, I am a quality technician in charge of repairing the FOBS and receivers that come back from the field for all of our vehicle platforms, and there are quite a few. I have all the equipment to program Fobs to receivers in my lab, but that won't help you. However, I have a document that shows how to program new FOBS IN THE VEHiCLE for several different platforms. If you are interested, E-Mail me at

robert.hahn@trw.com

and I will send you a scan of the document. It may help. By the way, you can only program up to 4 FOBS to the receiver max.

Let me know if you or anybody else is interested. I agree that the dealership is ripping everybody off big time. Did you know that the Fobs only cost us less than $5 each to make? we sell them to the car manufacturers for only about $7. THEY sell them to you at the dealership for 10 times that much!!

I'll help any way I can.

Firebird2000

food4me
10-31-2004, 02:39 PM
not to sound dumb or anything but what are fobs

BleedDodge
10-31-2004, 05:54 PM
The black thing on your keychain with buttons to unlock and lock the doors, has a panic button maybe...

Add your comment to this topic!