Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which would be better

I<3dsm
08-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I have an 87 N/A would it be more suitable to try to turbo it or supercharge it. Also i want to redo my interior with jdm parts any one know any good jdm sites

Soyo
08-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Jdm Yo!

ShortyDTP
08-23-2004, 02:12 AM
yo yo!!!! why dogg??

I<3dsm
08-23-2004, 08:00 AM
ummmm ok that was a lot of help. But im trying to get the jdm parts because from what i have found the are better quality

Soyo
08-23-2004, 03:22 PM
they are the same man, JDM is just said to be better because ricers think its cool have have JDM parts...

but you'd have to supercharge it because the non-turbos don't turbo well... or you could swap in a TII engine tranny and rear end, but either one works... but if you supercharge make sure you rebuild the engine

I<3dsm
08-23-2004, 05:23 PM
no i got a jdm stereo panel and its made out of a hard rubber (not sure if the 89 and up came with rubber one) and it a whole lot better quality than the flimsy plastic one out of my 87

ShortyDTP
08-23-2004, 06:53 PM
S5 in the US came with the rubber stereo panel. I had one , but somebody stole my stereo , and they took the panel with it. Damm
and what soyo said ..... is the same shit.

I<3dsm
08-23-2004, 08:35 PM
yeah see i agree same stuff i just thought that i found a rarity i didn't know the S5 came with the rubber ones. I was under the impression that it was only on jdm but now i know.

Soyo
08-23-2004, 11:23 PM
yup mine has rubber :)

ShortyDTP
08-24-2004, 03:18 PM
i wish i coud find the s5 rubber ones! the s4 break easily. I went trough 5 already.

Soyo
08-24-2004, 05:30 PM
ouch! haha

I<3dsm
08-24-2004, 08:58 PM
i found mine on ebay for 35 total including shipping

RPMtuner
08-29-2004, 09:35 PM
will the rubber one fit on an 88?

Soyo
08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
yes, an 88 is an S4

rotaryismychoice
09-02-2004, 08:52 PM
but you'd have to supercharge it because the non-turbos don't turbo well... or you could swap in a TII engine tranny and rear end, but either one works... but if you supercharge make sure you rebuild the engine
i dissagree. we turbo'd an n/awith a t60 and some volvo bov and wastegate, and it was a beast. we also made the intake manifold. but i do agree that swapping would be a better idea all around.

WankelTII
09-06-2004, 11:44 AM
supercharging is awesome, and very easy, because you could just bolt a holley carb to the top of the super charger and your done. No crap to deal with, yon can just get a header and strait back exhaust, and everything should run nice and cool. No need for fuel management, great when converting any N/A. Turbo charging less expensive, probably can be done for under $1000. But it can be temprimental, and you have to deal with LOTS of HEAT under the hood. If you do go with a turbo, i would keep the N/A ecu and injectors and just run a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, if i had to guess i would say you needed a 10 to 1 fpr, maybe 12 to 1 you should look into it alittle better, best thing is start with 12 and if its too rich step down to a 10psi spring ($30 or something like that for an extra spring). They are like $100 or something like that from summit. If you go with that then you will need an inline MSD 255gph fuel pump, like $90 from summit, you just bolt the fuel pump to the firewall after the fuel filter, and wire it into your ignition, so that it comes on with the ignition. Then just get a turbo and manifold and intercooler, and stick to about 7psi or less. The plumbing and BOV and stuff like that is totally up to you. I would suggest getting a hyperground and grounding almost everything under the hood basically. But if you do turbocharge it, you cant go much over 7 or 8 psi anyway, so you might as well do it the way i just explained, because its alot cheaper and you can easily go back to stock, and sell everything as a kit or something.

91civicDXdude
09-10-2004, 10:25 AM
they are the same man, JDM is just said to be better because ricers think its cool have have JDM parts...

I'm sorry but i have to jump in here...

turbo is no different than supercharging. If the engine "supercharges well" then it will also turbo charge well. The engine knows no difference.

Add your comment to this topic!