Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

quarter mile time

artistic
08-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Do you guys no the quarter mile times for a stock 70 ls-5 chevelle 4 speed? What easy mods could be done to make it a bit quickers? - Andrew Btw, I opened up a new savings acount to help save up for a car, and I aplied for a job at a petstore. Hopefully in a couple years ill be able to buy a 70 chevelle. :iceslolan

68chevelle
08-23-2004, 12:48 AM
a pet shop? humm, sounds like someone is trying to get a girl more that a car. :naughty: as far as the 1/4 times, i dont really know.

artistic
08-23-2004, 04:20 AM
hehe ......... shit, I wish. I just like fish, I have 2 fishtanks and I can get deals on them and stuff. And my friend aplied there too so we probrably will work together and stuff. So your chevelle, are u restoring it or close to done or what? I wish I had one :rolleyes: . One day.lol.

68chevelle
08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
lol. off toppic: working at my job, i have found the best way to get a girl to talk to you is to have a small child with you, the smaller the better. the girls i work with always talk to guys with small children.

anyways, my chevelle is bacaily as it looks in the pic's in the link in my sig. except it has a different fender and a few more moldings. im in the process of doing everything, but i just blew some money on something thats a secret for it, and then when i get paied next im gunna start to finish the body work and get it all primered nicely for the time beeing till i can save up to build my new engine and get the paint done.

artistic
08-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Well it looks sweet so far! :thumbsup:

Indetrucks
08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
On topic and off... I didn't even go to my high School Graduation because I was too busy working on my 68 SS... It was my first real muscle car and with a built 468 BB and Muncie 4 speed the love of my life. Do I regret not going ot my graduation.. NO. Get through high school but work your ass off in college. I now have a 4 car garage with all the toys I could think of (I posted picks in one of my threads). Good call on getting that job and keep it up. As far as 1/4 mile times on a stock 70 chevelle w/Big Block.. your looking at about mid to high 13's which on the street feels very fast. With a bigger cam and a few other bolt ons you could get into the lower 13's.. I'm just recalling this off the top of my head.. But I know I'm in the area..

Add your comment to this topic!