Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can it be done?

1gspot
08-22-2004, 07:06 PM
ight heres the scoop boys...in my friends nissan every time he drives he rolls down the windows and the back up when he parks (power windows) my question is it possible to have a toggle switch that when up would roll the windows down when the car is started and up when the engine is stopped???

sofast
08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
It is possible but you would have to change some wiring and find a way to drive that function from a relay. Its not worth it.

Phat_Jax
08-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes, in fact DEI has modules that do it if you have any DEI keyless/alarm/remote start piece...

1gspot
08-23-2004, 06:32 PM
ya but im not talking about doing it remotely i want it to be all wired in the car. I was thinking u could hook it up so as soon as the ignition is on power goes to the windows in order to roll them down. however after a set peior of time the power would need to stop flowing there so that the windows could have normal operation. then have another switch that while power is flowing to it it breaks the circuit that would flow in order to roll the windows up. there fore the ignition turns off and the windows roll up. but do those kind of switches exist. a timed one and one that is controlled by electricity???

sofast
08-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Its possible im sure but to much of a hassle to bother with. It would take alot of wiring and a device to drive the relays that would power the windows down/up from the igition. Dont bother

Phat_Jax
08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Yes, that is what the modules are designed to do...it would be a simple matter of wiring them to trigger on whatever you want.

The most common way is down on keyless unlock and up on keyless lock, however, you could wire the same module to a switch, ignition, your cigarette lighter, whatever the hell you wanted to...

Just like anything else electrical it doesn't care where the current comes from it just takes it the same...

Add your comment to this topic!