2002 a4

andyjl
08-22-2004, 06:14 PM
i am interested in getting an a4, but is there any major difference between a 1.8t and a 3.0? Such as speed and performance? And what is quattro(is that just all wheel drive) and how is that any different from a non quattro a4.

Also how is the insurance on a 1.8t, because i've heard it was expensive because it is turbo. Is that true?

Sonny01
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
We have a 2001 1.8T Passat and just got a 2003 A4 3.0 Quattro and the difference is night and day. The A4 has much more power and really sticks to the road. No more torque steer either. My insurance went up $150 a year because the A4 cost alot more then the Passat. There is nothing wrong with an A4 1.8T but if you road test both the 3.0 Quattro will make a believer out of you.

kbasham03
01-05-2009, 11:29 AM
i am interested in getting an a4, but is there any major difference between a 1.8t and a 3.0? Such as speed and performance? And what is quattro(is that just all wheel drive) and how is that any different from a non quattro a4.

Also how is the insurance on a 1.8t, because i've heard it was expensive because it is turbo. Is that true?
It depends on what you want out of the car. Are you looking to do performance mods? If so, I would stick with the 1.8t if you want something more reliable and powerful in stock form go with the 3.0. Yes, quattro is just all wheel drive, and its the way to go. On the flipside the front wheel drive is a fronttrak (also reffered to as fronttrash, by us quattro owners.) Like I said if you are looking to do performance mods, stick with the 1.8t, you can do a simple software flash from apr good for about 40chp. This mod could be had for about $800, thats the flash and the tt225 injectors you will need. If you've never owned an audi, I hope your a decent mechanic, or be prepared for high maintence and repair costs. So in a nut shell if you want performace go for the 1.8t, if you want reliabilty go for the 3.0. Stay away from the cvt tranny! Get a manual or tip. And to the above poster the 1.8t in stock form is a dog.

Add your comment to this topic!