Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Acceleration Problem

koa
08-22-2004, 03:11 AM
around an hour ago i was driving around and i noticed that the acceleration pedal did not feel the same on my Standard 2001 chevy s10 blazer ls, after that i noticed that it would pick up speed without me even touching the pedal, i had no cruise control set on my car at the time, when i noticed it was picking up speed i turned the cruise control off and it still kept going up, if i pressed the clutch the engine would start to rev, i had a friend check the accelerator return springs and the accelerator cables, nothing is loose or un-springy (wording?) it seems as if the cruise control is stuck or something like that if i park the car and turn it off it seems as if the car is stalling, should i take it directly to a chevy dealer or should i have the codes checked at autozone or what? im all out of ideas.

BlazerLT
08-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Did any codes come up? Did the check engine light flash?

koa
08-22-2004, 02:11 PM
havent checked if any codes came up, im gonna go have it checked at autozone tho, is there an online thing that tells you what your codes mean or do i have to ask chevy? btw check engine light didnt come on.

BlazerLT
08-22-2004, 02:18 PM
There will be online guides to OBDII codes.

If no codes are found, I would still clear the computer and reset it by pulling the negative batery cable for 15 minutes.

Check for a cruise control vacuum line leakage and lube your throttle cable.

koa
08-22-2004, 09:56 PM
took it to the dealership, gonna ask em tomorrow to see what the code was, i tried to reset the computer, and i thought i had it right, but instead i pulled the positive cable, damn, and to think that might have solved this problem.

BlazerLT
08-22-2004, 10:39 PM
lol, well, go out and pull the negative then.

But, you might want to wait so they can pull the code again tomorrow, once you clear the computer, it is gone until it comes up again.

koa
08-24-2004, 01:13 AM
turns out it was the throttle body, but the idiot guys over at the dealership dont know exactly what is wrong with it so they are going to have to order a new one.

BlazerLT
08-24-2004, 02:19 AM
Hold on, they don't know what is wrong with it but they want to replace it?

Are you going to stand there while they screw you up the ass without lube?

Rick Norwood
08-24-2004, 01:23 PM
I hope it is still under warranty. If not, bend over!

koa
08-25-2004, 12:26 AM
its under warranty thank god, if not i would use this oppurtunity to replace it myself and learn a little bit more.

Add your comment to this topic!