Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LS/VTEC Conversion

DeleriouS
08-21-2004, 11:27 AM
i want to do an ls/vtec conversion on my 95 integra. what vtec heads will fit on my block besides the b18c head? Any dohc vtec head??? thanks

almxdupintegra
08-24-2004, 05:02 AM
B16 head will fit thats what I am using.

boosted331
08-24-2004, 05:55 PM
i want to do an ls/vtec conversion on my 95 integra. what vtec heads will fit on my block besides the b18c head? Any dohc vtec head??? thanks

No offense, but you're the kind of person that tries to do an LS/VTEC setup, messes up because they don't know a whole lot, ends up building an unreliable shit motor, and that's how LS/VTEC horror stories get started. Atleast now there are ways to make it much easier for an unexperienced person to do this conversion properly :)

Anyways. All B-series VTEC heads use dual overhead cams. Any B16, B18C1, B18C5, or B18C6 will bolt onto your head with the use of a set of dowel pins. For someone who has never done it before, I highly recommend running a golden eagle VTEC conversion kit, and replacing your stock headstuds with some ARP's while you're at it. If you have never pulled off your head before, to replace a headgasket or whatever, I recommend reading up now, know all the torque specs before you jump in.

DeleriouS
08-24-2004, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=boosted331]No offense, but you're the kind of person that tries to do an LS/VTEC setup, messes up because they don't know a whole lot, ends up building an unreliable shit motor, and that's how LS/VTEC horror stories get started. Atleast now there are ways to make it much easier for an unexperienced person to do this conversion properly :)
QUOTE]

Actually...u can take back your previous statement. Its people like you that make me not want to ask questions and learn on forums "no offense". I came here because i dont need some tuner shop saying..."
well hey...dont by a vtec head, by our turbocharger set for $2999.99 it so cheap!!!" i am sick of people trying to make me buy shit. my dad has rebuilt plenty of engines in his days, he would also be helping me with this. now with the b18c5 head...is anything different on that head because of the high compression pistons??? or am i good with that? and what was the b18c6?? thanks no offense man...

boosted331
08-25-2004, 12:30 AM
B18C5 head will work fine, but no matter how much you've been told it will work fine ALWAYS check PV clearances. HERE (http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/claymotor/clay.php) is a great how-to if you've never clayed a VTEC motor before. B18C6 is a UKDM ITR motor.

The reason I said what I said is because it was somebody like you 3 or 4 years ago that tried to do an LS/VTEC setup when there isn't the knowledge that is around today, they messed something up, the motor used oil or didn't run right or whatever, and that's how the whole myth of the unreliable crappy LS/VTEC got started. Hence the "Atleast now there are ways to make it much easier for an unexperienced person to do this conversion properly :) "

DeleriouS
08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
How does this head look. I found it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=7917505145&rd=1

i know i have to get an oil line hook up and a new distributer and intake manifold...but tell me what you think...thanks

DeleriouS
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
What do you think would be the best head for the conversion?

almxdupintegra
09-04-2004, 09:02 AM
How does this head look. I found it on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=7917505145&rd=1

i know i have to get an oil line hook up and a new distributer and intake manifold...but tell me what you think...thanks

Oil line is correct, you need a new distributor or you can shave off a piece of it and it will work fine. Intake manifold must match the head such as a B16 head you need an intake manifold for a B16. You also will need a power steering bracket maybe from a GSR unless you dont need power steering. You can use GSR head bolts.

Kven
09-04-2004, 12:41 PM
No offense, but you're the kind of person that tries to do an LS/VTEC setup, messes up because they don't know a whole lot
Thats why you ask questions first and gain more knowledge before you do it.

best head would be whatever you can afford. the gsr's can make some higher compression but the intake manifold bolt pattern is different from the B16a and B18c5/r.

BTW, the only B-Series that wont work that i know of is the B20A(old prelude block).

mellowboy
09-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I think type r (c5) head and b16 has the best air flow. GO with that ;)

almxdupintegra
09-04-2004, 07:23 PM
I agreee with Mellowboy

DeleriouS
09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
sweet deal, thanks for all the info...i think i wanna go with the b16 head.

DeleriouS
09-05-2004, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Kven]Thats why you ask questions first and gain more knowledge before you do it. QUOTE]

DING DING DING! Thank you for supporting me. I deffinately would like to gain some kind of knowledge before I put this much stress on myself.

DeleriouS
09-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get a VTEC head for cheap? preferably a b16 head...thanks

mellowboy
09-07-2004, 10:49 PM
You might wanna try www.hondaclassifieds.com www.thepartstrader.com

Or go to www.hondaswap.com / www.honda-tech.com on there classifieds section. I've seen lots of goodies on there :)

DeleriouS
09-08-2004, 08:01 AM
You might wanna try www.hondaclassifieds.com www.thepartstrader.com

Or go to www.hondaswap.com / www.honda-tech.com on there classifieds section. I've seen lots of goodies on there :)

thanks a lot....that really helps.

Add your comment to this topic!