Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 MPV scan code P0031

James8
08-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Recently the I got a CEL on the MPV. I pulled the code and it says it's a P0031 Ho2s Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Is this anything I need to be concerned about. I cleared it and it always comes back. Is this the heater control for the heat in the cab? Or is it something to do with maybe a O2 sensor or something? Van runs fine, but just want to know if I should take care of it or let it go.

Thanks for any input.

jtspeaks
08-31-2004, 08:14 PM
I got the same thing. I believe it's a reading on the heater for the O2 sensor. Don't think it's a big deal (or at least I hope not). It might be a fuse, but I don't know where to get a diagram of the fuses.

Any insight anyone?

John

Recently the I got a CEL on the MPV. I pulled the code and it says it's a P0031 Ho2s Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Is this anything I need to be concerned about. I cleared it and it always comes back. Is this the heater control for the heat in the cab? Or is it something to do with maybe a O2 sensor or something? Van runs fine, but just want to know if I should take care of it or let it go.

Thanks for any input.

Mike(nj)
05-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I have this same code...........Did anyone find the fix? I'm guessing its the o2 sensor but which one? The parts guy said the van have 4!! Also, can I reset the light without a tool?? Please help asap......need to pass inspection. Thanks.

Mike(nj)
06-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Well I figured it out, it WAS the o2 sensor. Its the one above the cat near the firewall. I thought bank 1 was near the front but I was wrong.......opps! I ended up rewiring the old front one to the true bank 1 sensor. Hope this helps someone.

jeffrey301
11-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Can't this light be reset by pulling the fuse to the dash lights?

Mike(nj)
11-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Can't this light be reset by pulling the fuse to the dash lights?

Yeah, you can turn the light off but it will come back on & you'll still have a bad O2 senser. I replaced it, and it passed with flying colors(after days of normal driving for it to reset).

12Ounce
11-30-2005, 10:14 AM
The bank numbering system is a little confusing on FWD cars with "sideways" engines.

The auto engineers have stuck with nomenclature that was established back in the old days with rear wheel drive and engines that were "north to south".

If the engine was a Vee, the RH side of the engine was "bank one" and the cylinders numbered, ascending order, front to rear on the right hand side ... then front to rear on the LH side.

Now just imagine all of that turned sideways in your engine compartment. The rearmost side of the engine, as mounted, is "bank one" (or the "RH side of engine"), etc, etc. The "front" of the engine points out toward the RH fender ..... etc.

Add your comment to this topic!