Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cup Holders

LTJGWorth
08-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, it may or may not be obvious what exactly I'm talking about when you read the subject of this post. I know I'm not the only person with a problem with the cup holders in the front of the 94-97 Ram pickups. I have been struggling with it for a while, but just put up with it. I can't take it anymore. If you ask me, it's a safety hazard. If you have a cup, can, or bottle of anything in the cup holder (either side of it) and go around a curve, it falls out. The reason I call it a safety hazard is if you have a cup, can, or bottle on the driver's side of the truck and you go around a curve, the object goes right to your feet, near the pedals. Not only that, but it's a big distraction when you have liquid being spilled all over your legs. I guess my question would be is there a replacement cup holder for it. But what I really wanted to find out is if there is some way that say, a bunch of people that are having this problem could get Dodge and Chrysler to do something about it. If I ever have an accident caused by that damned cup holder (if i'm still living afterwards) i'm sueing Chrysler.

LTJGWorth
08-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Come on! Someone has got to have some sort of answer!

SUMOBOY
08-21-2004, 08:51 PM
It sounds like we have the same problem. I'm considering getting a small console mounted accessory at the local parts store to fit on the hump in front of the seat. There are some good ones around with good versatility.

LTJGWorth
08-22-2004, 09:16 AM
I have seen this really neat little cup holder that mounts on the armrest. http://www.genosgarage.com is the place that has them. The exact address of the page is http://216.167.41.9/CoastalData/showdetl.cfm?&DID=30&Product_ID=556&CATID=6. From what I have heard from other people they work really well. And if you were to purchase them and not want the other cup holder, I have seen plates that fit in where the stock cupholder is now. But what I want is a direct stock replacement, but I think i'm going to have to just settle with these.

BleedDodge
08-22-2004, 09:12 PM
I hear that. My beer bottles used to always fall out of these stupid things and spill all over the place. Piss me off or what!

nbram94
08-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I had the same problem with the cup holders in my 94 ram. I came up with an easy fix that works great. Take a piece of sheet metal 22ga cut a piece large engough to fit over the sides where the cup falls out, paint it black, drill two 1/8" holes on each side and pop rivet it on right through the plastic. Worked well for me.

LTJGWorth
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
I was actually thinking of doing the exact same thing with duct tape. But sheet metal would work better. I may do that. Seems like they would have done that in the factory and made a little slit in it for coffee mugs. Because I'm guessing that's why it's open like that.

BleedDodge
08-23-2004, 06:15 PM
It's just bad design.

LTJGWorth
08-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Yea

Add your comment to this topic!