Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mustang question

NavyFord18
08-19-2004, 03:10 PM
I was just brain storming...all tech aspests aside, can the diesel engine in a ford or dodge physical fit in the engine bay of a 2004 mustang?

MagicRat
08-19-2004, 09:20 PM
A diesel from a pick up truck??
You can get the Ford 460 cid gas engines to fit, so room can be made for a big V type engine.
Dodge - No, its too long.
Ford - maybe, but would need extensive frame and suspension work to make room, and a massive hood bulge.

psychorallyfreak
08-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Why? Are you planning on pulling stumps with your Mustang???
That DOES sound like some interesting brainstorming.....what are you thinking about doing?

NavyFord18
08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Why? Are you planning on pulling stumps with your Mustang???
That DOES sound like some interesting brainstorming.....what are you thinking about doing?

A 700+hp car with gas milage better than an import. I think a diesel well get me that.

psychorallyfreak
08-20-2004, 10:53 PM
700+ HP?
How, may I ask?
Diesels aren't in my realm of knowledge...

NavyFord18
08-20-2004, 11:32 PM
700+ HP?
How, may I ask?
Diesels aren't in my realm of knowledge...

Diesel's can be tunned up just like gas engines, but differently. Diesel has more energy in it than gas, this means a diesel engine has inharently (spelling) better gas milage than gas engine's. Europe is under going a revolution in this area of technology. How you ask? Well, for starters, a fuel system called common-rail fuel injection is being used. Basically it stores a small amount of diesel fuel under high psi (25,000 in some cases). this let's diesel fuel under high psi to be shot into the cycinder at any engine speed, making better start off the line and alot less blsck smoke start out. you an also turbo or supercharge it like any engine. intercolers are good to. Also, diesel's are built alot tougher than gas engines, so you can pumb a NOS kit for a bigger boost than a gas engines. You can start to get the idea...

psychorallyfreak
08-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Indeed, I CAN start to get the idea. And it's quickly multiplying into many evil, devious ideas! <evil laugh> HA HA HA HA HA! </evil laugh>

Add your comment to this topic!