Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP PLEASE....Desparate !!!

jeter75
08-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Ok...My husband rebuilt his engine....put all back together, and now there is no fire to to spark plugs, coil, or anything. He had to leave for Active Duty, and I really need to get this truck back running. Have someone that can look at it, if I only knew what to tell them to look for. That's where I need your help.

Dodge Ram 1500 1/2 Ton 318

Hopefully someone can tell me something very simple, ( not to mention inexpensive)....to check...Have exalted all efforts!.......Please tell me there is a Dodge "God" out there that has the solution. Thanks in advance !!!!!

LTJGWorth
08-18-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm guessing it turns over. If there's no spark, then something is wrong with the electrical system somewhere. That could be in the coil, distributor, wiring, or the computer. It could be something simple and inexpensive, or something complicated and very expensive. Sorry I can't be of any other help, but without having the truck right in front of me there is no way for me to know what exactly it is doing when it's cranked over.

Sport45
08-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Sorry I can't be of any other help, but without having the truck right in front of me there is no way for me to know what exactly it is doing when it's cranked over.

Are there any AF members in Lubbock that could go by and take a look at it? Let's help out our active duty guys (and gals) when they need it. I'd go if I was closer. It looks like it's a 1994 model by the way.

jeter75
08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Sport45......I just want to say a huge heartfelt "Thank-You" !!!!!! Whether there is anyone nearby or not that can help, the thought means more than you'll ever know. Thank you so much !!!

LTJGWorth
08-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Yea I would definatly take a look at it if i were closer.

Sport45
08-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Kickin' it back to the top. Anyone near Lubbock?

BleedDodge
08-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Check all fuses, the ones under the hood and the ones in the in-cab fuse panel. I bet one is blown or has fallen out somehow, or something.

Yeah, does it even turn over, or just nothing?

jeter75
08-22-2004, 09:12 PM
We have checked all fuses......And also checked the ASD Relay......everything seems to be right. Yes it does turn over just fine......just no fire to get it started.

BleedDodge
08-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Well this motor was just rebuilt right? Even something like a messed with crank position sensor or a throttle position sensor that's out of whack won't let the motor start up.

You probably have power to everything, but one of the sensors won't let it start up. Your best bet would be to take it in and have it diagnosed and everything checked. There might be a number of problems here.

bacchus_00
08-23-2004, 07:47 PM
hummm , take the crank position sensor to " discount auto parts" (auto zone, etc) , the test is free ...

jeter75
08-23-2004, 11:39 PM
that wasn't it......we put a brand new one in.....but we did find the problem......There was one little ground wire..that was not grounded........geesh.....now onto the next problem....there is oil in the passenger side of the motor but not the driver side.......explain that one ?.....I am beginning to think that it is not meant to be......

Sport45
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I don't understand, what do you mean when you say there is oil on one side but not the other? How can you tell?

jeter75
08-26-2004, 10:31 AM
you take the valve covers off.....there is oil in the passenger side, ( and it is pumping like it supposed to), but there is no oil at all in the drivers side.

bawana
08-27-2004, 09:14 AM
clogged oil passage in block?? check to make sure gallery plugs not missing or leaking under intake in valley.pull dist and gear drive and get pump primer drive shaft and run pump with drill might get crap to come out.put flush in oil and then change oil after and before running.Did motor have a lot of crap in it before it was rebuilt?passages might have to be rodded or blown out.

Add your comment to this topic!