Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B18c1 into a 96 RS..

eclipse2quick21
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
i am very sorry if this has been asked before, but before you get mad think of it like this: at least i got an integra instead of something else. :biggrin:

what im wondering, can the USDM GSR motor be put into my 1996 Rs? im pretty sure it can, but how much modification will i need to get the job done? i can get the motor w/ tranny and all other parts for around 3149. is it hard to find parts for this motor? thanks in advance, youll never know how much i appreciate this.

Rating
08-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Im selling a Gsr motor for 2k. If you would like to buy one. Doesnt have tranny though. Wiring Harness and Ecu is included. I live in Columbia, S.C. if your interested.

CivicSpoon
08-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Easy swap to do and parts readily availably for it. Other than dropping it in and plugging everything in all you should have to do is wire for vtec and the secondary butterfly which you can find where to wire it to the ecu here: http://www.allmotorhonda.com/techpages/B-sereies-wiring.htm And the wiring should be the only modification needed.

Rating
08-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Btw you can email me at RatingCorp@Hotmail.com, Need pictures or have questions just email me.

pikkagtr
08-18-2004, 03:10 AM
should drop right in and hang on after 4400

kicker1_solo
08-18-2004, 04:46 AM
should drop right in and hang on after 4400
4400, what's that? Is that when he should start preparing himself for 5200?

eclipse2quick21
08-18-2004, 06:47 AM
4400, what's that? Is that when he should start preparing himself for 5200?

i think maybe he means it will be 4400, with motor and labor put together? i know it will probably cost around 1000 to get it put in. i do alot of my own work, but i think ill let the pros do this one. thanks for all the replies, and keep them coming if anyone else has anything to say.

integralover
08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
if i were you i'd probably do this myself. i did my swap myself with the b20 and have never done one before. it took me about 2 days of total work time. but my car was down for about 4 days. i had to go to work and school and stuff. the feeling that you get when YOU first turn the key to crank it over is like heaven. you get to know your car that much better and tell everyone that you did it. there is enough info here to help you and so many of us can give you plenty of pointers to make it go smoothly. i know i saved myself $1k. if you like just give us a hollar.

eclipse2quick21
08-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Im selling a Gsr motor for 2k. If you would like to buy one. Doesnt have tranny though. Wiring Harness and Ecu is included. I live in Columbia, S.C. if your interested.

does the motor run perfectly, or will i have to buy a whole bunch of spare parts to get it to run correctly? thanks for the offer dude. and thanks to everyone else that is helping me out too. thanks for making me feel welcome to be an integra owner.

Rating
08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
na it runs perfect, the only reason im getting rid of it is because the tranny has a cracked housing, and I need the money to pay a bank loan off. Oh yeah I found a stock header for it. Aslo will be willing to get a oil pan. Because the current oil pan and header are moded for turbo.

Its still in my teg as we speak... if you can make it out here before saturday, you can see it run and all. But im starting removal saturday afternoon.

Add your comment to this topic!