Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help locating keyless remote module in 1992 Park Ave.

hartbeat
08-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Please....help me to locate the keyless remote module on my 1992 Park Ave. Ultra. I need to change it out. Thanks in advance........

Jed Rule
08-19-2004, 09:49 PM
My 1995 book says: The Remote Accessory Control Module (RAC) is behind RH side of instrument panel, above sound insulator (kick panel) next to relay center. The chime module is there too.

hartbeat
08-23-2004, 06:37 AM
My 1995 book says: The Remote Accessory Control Module (RAC) is behind RH side of instrument panel, above sound insulator (kick panel) next to relay center. The chime module is there too.

I am not finding it there. The sound from the chime module sounds like it is coming from the area behind the radio.
Can anyone look this up in a '92 shop manual?????

Clay_Bee
10-10-2004, 12:51 AM
I just saw mine looking for an A,C problem. It is under the dash, passenger side. If you pull plastic kick panel (this is the panel under the knee bar. The panel that covers where you reset the oil change monitor). Pull this panel down, get your head under the dash and look up toward the windshield with a good flashlight. You are looking for a fuse block with fuses and relays. The module should be clipped to the bottom of this fuse block. Its black, and about the size of a deck of cards cut in half, with 6-8 wires plugged into one of the narrow sides. Its a pain to see, but easy to slide out.

Add your comment to this topic!