93 J30 Missing

todrules
08-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I have had amazing luck with this car for the 6 years I have owned it. Unfortunately I think my luck has run out. I was driving about 65ish on the freeway the other day and I felt the car lose power and it has since developed a miss. Air filter clean, MAF was cleaned, spark plugs great, fuel filter 2 months old, ran diagnostic on ECU code 55 meaning all systems go. The check enging light is not on, however I am thinking the problem is fuel related as in fuel pump, fuel injector, or fuel pressure regulator. On a buddies J30 a year ago there was a bad fuel injector with a slight miss, however the check engine light was on. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Underground_Killah
08-17-2004, 10:16 PM
how many miles do you have on it?

todrules
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I have just under 110,000 miles on the car. It's not many at all for being a 93. The timing belt was changed at 90,000, I had a leaking crank seal so I had the timing belt changed right away. I am convinced that it has to be fuel related. Perhaps the Throttle position sensor?

Todd

todrules
08-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Culprit found, bad fuel injector on cylinder number 2. A royal pain in the you know what to fix, but it's fixed and runs great again. The easiest way to diagnose the fuel injectors on this is with a multimeter or ohmmeter. You put the leads on the contacts with the harness disconnected and the car not running of course and the ignition off. If they are good they should ohm out between 10-14 ohms. Five of mine were 11.5 except cylinder #2 which gave a reading of 1. Hopefully this information can help someone.

questionable
09-14-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm having the same problem. Confirmed bad injector on #1. This looks like a bear to replace cuz it looks like the entire intake manifolds gotta come off to get at the injector.

Can you tell me what was invlolved to make the replacement?

Add your comment to this topic!