Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tein type NA vs Eibach/Koni for p11?

pche059
02-05-2002, 02:44 AM
ok....
first of all which suspension combination gives better handling?
does anyone here know the spring rates of the Eibach prokit for p11?
are the koni shocks stiffer or tein's?

tein owners...
what is the ride like on the lowest possible settings?
does it bottom out at all?
and how low does it go? would you say it's WOW LOW? :p
can i use my 42mm eibach springs with the tein shocks?

thanks guys

G-Forces
02-05-2002, 07:46 AM
The TEIN's are too softly sprung and you can bottom out easily when you start to push it a bit. Not a good track setup but IMO better than Eibach/Koni's.

On the lowest setting it looks nice low now stupid low. :D You should cut your bumpstops to get some more suspension travel if you get the TEINS.

kenchan
02-05-2002, 12:08 PM
im gonna raise it up 2 perches when it gets warmer outside.

gforces- do you know how to get those c rings off? just take a screw driver on the closed part of the C or is there a special tool for that? thanx.

pche059
02-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Jas: do you know if the eibach springs are harder or the tein ones ar?

and would you say the tein shocks are stiff/good?
what life span do you think they have?

Mrcoilover
02-05-2002, 03:32 PM
The tein's have a nice ride. I have mine on the 2nd lowest (out of 3) setting. I feel they could go on the lowest. I have the damper settings on firm but not too firm (11 clicks from firmest). This is the only setting I have used thus far. I think it handles pretty good. I've ridden on progress/kyb non adj before on another car and I'd say the teins handle better. My car looks low, but I want lower. There's a big visual difference between the eibachs/teins. Our highest setting is still lower than the eibachs. I'm satisfied with mine. It handles pretty good even without aftermarket rims. They are expensive though but I don't regret getting them.

G22DET
02-05-2002, 03:34 PM
i would also recommend the TEINs over eibach/koni..mainly because, unless you are of a rare breed whom autox or road race your P11, you want to lower the car to look nice, increase a bit of suspension performance without sacrificing ride comfort. In the TEINs, not only can you adjust the levels you want to lower your car, (so it'll look nice) you also have 16way dampening adjustability (so it'll be comfortable when you want it to be and you can increase the suspension performance when you adjust to stiffer settings). It's the ultimate street set up in my opinion and i think many TEIN users will back me up on this one.

pche059
02-05-2002, 03:53 PM
ok...
well do you guys know how long would these shocks last?
has anyone here worn them out already?
or are they one of those that will "last forever"...?
or have they only got a life of 50000 km ..like the oem ones?

G-Forces
02-05-2002, 04:01 PM
No shock will last forever. They should last a long time after all. Once they start getting a little mushy just jack up the hardness. You should be able to get at least 50k out of them.

pche059
02-05-2002, 04:33 PM
hey do you guys know if the shock absorber itself actually has a shorter body than standard oem ones?
i mean to go 50mm lowered the shock body better be shortened...

another thing is...
are the springs from the NA kit same diameter as the eibach ones?
coz i wanna use my eibach springs with the NA struts ...dunno if i is gonna work tho...can anyone clarify this for me?
:)

G20 SpoRt 2002
02-06-2002, 05:42 PM
I have the eibachs and I love the way it looks and drives!! :)

pche059
02-06-2002, 11:54 PM
ok guys..another few questions for you
ok I am getting hooked up with a set of second hand Tein NA for my p11
i think it only comes with the Shocks and Springs...
nothing else
is there anything else that i will need to get it on my car?
or any tools that i will need to adjust my ride height...or the dampening rate?
and the availability of those tools in the aftermarket?

please help here :)

Mrcoilover
02-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by pche059
ok guys..another few questions for you
ok I am getting hooked up with a set of second hand Tein NA for my p11
i think it only comes with the Shocks and Springs...
nothing else
is there anything else that i will need to get it on my car?
or any tools that i will need to adjust my ride height...or the dampening rate?
and the availability of those tools in the aftermarket?

please help here :)
All you need is the click tool. You should make sure you get it from whoever. You can do it without it but just to be on the safe side, get it.

kenchan
02-07-2002, 12:14 PM
never really need that click tool. i just turn the knob with my fingers....

pche059
02-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the reply guys,
so does it mean that... if all i am getting are the springs and the shocks nothing else,
i can still get them installed correctly and they will still be fully functional, ie height and dampening rate adjustable?

Mrcoilover
02-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the reply guys,
so does it mean that... if all i am getting are the springs and the shocks nothing else,
i can still get them installed correctly and they will still be fully functional, ie height and dampening rate adjustable?
Yeah, you really don't need the tool but I just have it b/c it came with it. It won't bite you in da a$$ if you don't get it. springs and shocks is all ya need kid.

pche059
02-07-2002, 04:40 PM
so how do you adjust the dampening rates then?
:p

Mrcoilover
02-07-2002, 04:50 PM
so how do you adjust the dampening rates then?
:p On the very top of the shock there is a mechanism that turns and you hear and feel it click each time you turn it. Very simple. For front, you just pop the hood and get it from there. Back, you have to undo some of the trunk liner to get to the strut and same procedure. I'm riding on 11 clicks from hardest and has nice firm ride. Absorbs bumbs just as good as stock dampers to me, just a little more bouncy b/c of the ride height. :bloated:

kenchan
02-08-2002, 01:15 PM
yeh, wife commented that the current setting is kinda stiff for her too...but im not going any softer without raising it.

G-Forces
02-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Here's a pic of the top of the TEIN NA shock with the click tool inserted.
http://www.g20.net/images/p11_tein_na012.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!