Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brake problem!!

krcl153
08-16-2004, 05:35 PM
My 88 Lebaron had a bent control arm on the driver's side front so I had it replaced. When I picked up the car I almost slammed into the back of a car because my brakes were screwed up. I had to put the brake almost on the ground to finally stop the car so I took it back thinking they might have done something to the brakes when replacing the control arm. There did not seem to be any fluid leaking but I dont know for sure. While working on the control arm could they have affected the brakes?

MagicRat
08-16-2004, 08:26 PM
If the brakes are still bad after repeated pedal applications, chances are they disconnected the caliper for access then did not bleed the air out of the lines after reattaching them.
Ot they could have mangled a steel line or flex hose, puncturing it in an unssn place, or mashed it flat, impeding fluid flow.
The repair shop should have done a test drive after the repair. If the brakes are bad, maybe they did not do one. To not do one is a disturbing shortcut for a repair garage to make.

TechX
08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Properly done they shouldn't of needed to mess with the brakes. I would ask them to double check what they did. Maybe talk to the tech who did it and ask him what he did step by step.

MagicRat
08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Properly done they shouldn't of needed to mess with the brakes. .

I agree. This is why I suggest they may have damaged the line and not noticed or ignored it.

Add your comment to this topic!