Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Splitfire plugs?

2000Frontera
08-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Guys,

anyone out there have any comments or experince regards using Splitfire Triple Platinum spark plugs? Good, Bad, not worth the extra cost?

Regards,
Wayne.
Aussie, Aussie,Aussie Gold Gold Gold!

2eyefishclaw
08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
why not just use something that you know works that way you only pay for it once

Dober89
08-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I think that all those fancy spark plugs are over rated. Your only going to get 1 spark out of a plug no matter the type, as long as they are good and clean and properly gapped there shouldnt be any difference.

I would just stick with stock replacement or everyone seems to recommend NGK plugs.

amigo-2k
08-16-2004, 07:43 PM
If you have a 2000, that plug will make your ECU toss a code. Stick with what you pull out of the thing.

tomlcollins
08-17-2004, 09:40 AM
remember all those splitfire commercials you used to see a few years back. noticed how now you never see them anymore??? the reason is that those two and three (i've even seen four!) headed "performance plugs" have been proven to actually provide no performance or mileage gain whatsoever. It's all a scam to get your money. Not to mention, unless you go with the Densos or certain NGK's, you're probably going to be throwing codes left and right anyways. Just use what you take out, or better yet use Densos as I have not heard of anyone having a problem with those. Search other posts about spark plugs and you will come across the correct part #.

Add your comment to this topic!