Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b18b1 swap in 95 civic help!!!

SlowerCivic
08-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Ok im swapping my b18b1 and doing to the auto to manual conversion to my 95 civic 4dr lx, my motor mounts are not lining up right some guy told me that i could just drop the motor in without having to cut and reweld motor mounts!!!! or am i just hitting something thats in the way

CivicSpoon
08-16-2004, 03:14 PM
You'll need a special mount for the tranny side from Hasport (but I showed another of the board a link and the thing doesn't look right so I don't know.) Here is the mount: http://hasport.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27_29&products_id=115 Call Hasport and make sure that's the right mount and that it will work. But yes the mount attatched to the engine bay is further forward on the auto chassis than on the manual cars, my buddy had the same problem on his '95 LX when he did the auto to manual conversion (he jsut cut and rewelded the mount instead of buying the special mount)

SlowerCivic
08-16-2004, 03:22 PM
so if i buy this mount will i have to cut the one thats on there off and just reweld or do i just hook it up to the other mount,oh yeah i plan on trying to push 500-600 horsepower out of this thing is that possible

CivicSpoon
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
You'll either need to buy the mount or cut and reweld; one of the other. You're planning on pushing 5-600hp? Why don't you start with at least a gsr motor then, i mean the LS is boost friendly but not that much boost (probably 30-40lbs) with stock internals (I'm assuming you already know that). But you'd be better off building up at least a gsr with it's already 170-180 hp if you're planning on doing that much. But still that's going to be one hell of an expensive build up man, hope you've got a ton of cash to blow; cause if you don't then stop dreaming. You're going to have to bullet proof your short block and do quite a bit of head work to handle that much let alone be able to use the power.

SlowerCivic
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
around how much horsepower can you build out of a b18b1,I was originally going to go with the gsr swap but everyone talks about the b18b1 and how its better for boost and i looked and its also about 1000 cheaper than the gsr so i went with the ls

CivicSpoon
08-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Depends on how you build it up. If you're talking about the stock internals then I've heard between 12-14psi max which would be closer to under 300hp (or right around there). But if you build it up there's no telling how much you're going to get out of it; until you're done and getting it tuned. But there's no way in hell you're going to get 500hp on a stock level.

SlowerCivic
08-16-2004, 05:30 PM
oh yeah i know i plan on sleeving the block and putting stronger rods and pistons and doing everything possible to the head,im planning on building the motor as much as possible i just wanted to go ahead and get it in there cause my little 1.5 is getting old

Add your comment to this topic!