Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Chevy Tahoe, Removing the governor?

feraldarkness
08-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Any one know a quick way to remove the governor on my 04 Tahoe?
Would help a ton if you could post how :)

bartlanz
08-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Westers Chip :bigthumb: , or a (I Think) hand programmer :sly: can raise it. I would tell you to go with a westers chip, you will get more out of it than just the governor being removed. But it does cost a pretty penny. I got mine (on order) from http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/, only cost me 320ish once I send my core back to them. It is also good if you have alot of high end mods to your truck: CAI, Headers, perf exaust, Etc.

Just for the record, I have yet to hear a bad word about the westers chip(S) and I have talked to ALOT of people!

gurrzt
08-16-2004, 08:29 AM
The "Governor" or speed limiter is a setting in your PCM, as stated above you will need a programmer, HPPIII, Diabelo to raise it.

Accord_boy619
08-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Hypertech or Superchips. I got Superchips on my 97 and shit works great.

radioman2002
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
I see a lot of questions and answers going back and forth about speed limiters and performance adjustments. Why hasn't anybody just gone and do the programming to the comnputer themselves. There must be a wealth of info out there on it, or is a STATE SECRET. I reprogram 2 way radios all the time and make them do things they were never manufactured to do, all with programming.
I am gong to start a thread on this, there has to be some hackers out there willing to try the challenge of going into a simple, maybe 32k to 256k prom and finding out what makes a car tick.

Add your comment to this topic!