Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advise Needed: Diablo Vs. Countach

cozman
08-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I currently own an original 1980 DeTomaso Pantera GT-5. I am going to sell it and buy a Lamborghini. My budget is $90,000.00 or less.
I am looking at either a Countach Aniv or a 91 Diablo.

I would appreciate any feed back by those that have had one or the other or both on your feelings comparing the 2 cars for over all maintainence and driveability.

I intend to drive this car, it will not be a garage queen.

Thank you for your help.
Cozman

DiabloGT
08-15-2004, 01:02 PM
you will find more enthusiasts here than owners, go to www.lamborghini-talk.com and you will get better answers, cause there are more owners there of both kinds

cozman
08-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Thank you. Appreciate your help.
coz

-FROG-
09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Just an FYI, The Countach has poor visibility (which makes it more scary to drive) and is less comfortable than the Diablo. Those were some of the changes made when the Diablo came out. It depends on your preferance of car. Do you want the Origional Exotic car that started it all, or the later, when the car was a little more user friendly? Personally, I think the Countach turns more heads than a Diablo, but many C/T owners eventually move to a Diablo due to the upgraded features and comfort. Personally, I prefur the C/T but there is something about the VTT that makes me get chills.... Good luck with your decision.

Cache
12-08-2004, 12:16 AM
...Diablo's are overdone in my opinion, but I still love the shit out of them. Countach, however, is purely shocking. It's no secret you are going to buy this car to impress people, and to have a car which is named closely to "HOLY SHIT" ("Oh my", what have you...) would fill that purpose. Beside all of that, get a Countach, they look better.

-Cache

diablo30se
12-28-2004, 09:29 PM
I've owned over the years 6 Pantera's...4 Countach's...and 2 Diablo's, the last being a 30 SE. Seeing that you have a Pantera, I would say the Countach would be the best bet. It's much wilder than the Pantera and if you find the right car, very sensual...you can fall in love with a Countach. The early Diablo's I don't believe you would like and the VT's are no fun really, with the all-wheel drive. The 30 SE's are as close as you'll get to feeling like your in a Countach...but thery most likely are over your $90,000.00. Find a nice Countach.

diablo30se
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I've owned over the years 6 Pantera's...4 Countach's...and 2 Diablo's, the last being a 30 SE. Seeing that you have a Pantera, I would say the Countach would be the best bet. It's much wilder than the Pantera and if you find the right car, very sensual...you can fall in love with a Countach. The early Diablo's I don't believe you would like and the VT's are no fun really, with the all-wheel drive. The 30 SE's are as close as you'll get to feeling like your in a Countach...but thery most likely are over your $90,000.00. Find a nice Countach. Oh by the way, I had 2 Anniv. Countach's...did'nt like them as much as the 1988 I had or the 87. 1988 was the best year.

wings700
12-29-2004, 07:23 AM
What did you not like about the Anniversary C/T? Was it the looks of the car or something mechanical?

Add your comment to this topic!