CPI Vortec Engine

msjimmy_93
08-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I have a '93 Jimmy and my mechanic has told me for the 3rd time that the "spider" or CPI unit lines are all shot again and leaking. From what I understand, this unit is not serviceable and you have to buy a new one to the tune of approx $260. Has anybody else had this type of problem?

Vtec
08-13-2004, 07:22 PM
I also have a 93 Jimmy and just replaced mine about 2months ago. They have to be replaced they're not fixable. Mine the lines were so brittle the snapped like a pretzel when I was taking it out. If your only paying $260 you should be damn happy cause mine was $650.

djcarter
10-07-2004, 09:33 AM
i also have a 93 jimmy with same problem need the fuel injection spider which costs 480 i cant afford that.. wish there was some other way ..

msjimmy_93
10-12-2004, 06:59 PM
i also have a 93 jimmy with same problem need the fuel injection spider which costs 480 i cant afford that.. wish there was some other way ..

It turned out on mine that the unit wasn't bad at all. There is another set of fuel lines and my mechanic replaced them, tuned the truck, oil change, and new starter for $392. i bought the tune-up parts myself at Auto Zone for $88.

The fuel lines were like $75, I think.

djcarter
10-12-2004, 09:03 PM
i took mine to a mechanic last month ,,says he found bad fuel injection squidin intake plenum..said gas qas in oil he found. took 3 cupfuls out . he says.. but i couldnt afford the part so i brought truck home..it has new plugs wires cap rotor air filter fuel filter ol filter tranny filter used egr map sensor new o2 sensor.i have to pump gas to start it..also my digital dash was fadin in and out and now it went out all but speedometer and milage ... im stumped .. donna

msjimmy_93
10-12-2004, 09:10 PM
i took mine to a mechanic last month ,,says he found bad fuel injection squidin intake plenum..said gas qas in oil he found. took 3 cupfuls out . he says.. but i couldnt afford the part so i brought truck home..it has new plugs wires cap rotor air filter fuel filter ol filter tranny filter used egr map sensor new o2 sensor.i have to pump gas to start it..also my digital dash was fadin in and out and now it went out all but speedometer and milage ... im stumped .. donna

It seems that we both have demented trucks! Mine was squirting gas all over the place and he replaced the fuel lines and that pretty much took care of it. I don't have any gas in the oil or anything like that.

I did lose my digital dash totally. It was not fun to ride around with a vehicle with no instrument panel, let me tell you. UGH!

I got the dash refurbished by the folks at this web-site. It cost me $139. www.directauto.com.

They have all kinds of obscure parts and they are all either brand new or completely refurbished. Check them out, really nice folks and they don't talk down to ladies either! Good Luck!

Add your comment to this topic!