Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1 ohm stable amps (need brand names)

cody911911
08-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok I need to know of some 1 ohm stable amps (monoblocks) that supply at least 800 rms at 1 ohm. Any company's/makes you know of would be helpful. All i can really find are hifonics amps. Running a lightning audio(im a poor college boy) that is supplying about 50 rms to each sub and I am only running 2 instead of the 3 cause it goes into protect if a parrallel them all and bridge the amp (I don't like the amps much anyway)

Haibane
08-13-2004, 06:19 PM
THERE ARE TONS OF 1 ohm stable amps... Look up class D amps

Navy I.C.
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
JL AUDIO!!!

sr20de4evr
08-14-2004, 12:54 AM
pick an amp manufacturer, you have about a 75% chance of them making a 1ohm stable amp

and JL is not stable at 1ohm, do you just blindly recommend them in every single thread without even reading the question?

Navy I.C.
08-14-2004, 09:25 PM
1ohm stable or excuse me how about the "rated" 1.5ohms.
This is JL we're talking about, everything they make has positive
headroom across the board in every spec.
you gotta be sh?tting me right..?
what the f?ck, I ran the coils on
my first dub7 in parallel until my
spider assembly tore off the frame at somewhere around 2000 continuous watts...
(failed experiment, I'm a tech, not an engineer)
I had to be at around .75 ohms on a Pep Boys
140 amp alt, (even though I'm not always constantly demanding all 1300 watts rms),
although I did venture into the "rated" low ohms protection neighborhood, the light
never even thought about
coming on, and if it did, It might have saved my
first dub7 because once the light come on power
automatically decreases until the situation is fixed.
I'm not rich, I work for a living, but this is the reason
why I work, so whenever I want good sh?t I don't have
to always compromise just to try to save a few.

Cro
08-15-2004, 02:01 AM
....a few thousand dollars that is.

loismustdie
08-15-2004, 08:53 AM
140 amp alt, (even though I'm not always constantly demanding all 1300 watts rms),
although I did venture into the "rated" low ohms protection neighborhood, the light
never even thought about

then why do you go with jl amps, why not tru, or us amps, or linear power, or some well made tube amps. i'd take them over jl anyday, you talk like jl is the best........

oh yeah, hifonics makes alot of 1 ohms stable amps

Haibane
08-15-2004, 03:07 PM
never even thought about

FIRST OFF IT IS W7, some of us actually went to college and can read.:loser:

Anyhow, dual 1.5 ok... DEI has amps rated at 1ohm, and it can run at .5 ohms... Does that mean you do it?

Navy I.C.
08-17-2004, 12:58 AM
FIRST OFF IT IS W7, some of us actually went to college and can read.:loser:

If sh?t is wack, then it's f?cking wack, if it's not, then it's not. it's just as simple as that. If somebody ask about what's that hot sh?t that's out right now, I'm goin't tell 'em plain and simple, 'this sh?t that I'm f?cking wit right now is the hotness. I ain't goin't try an say some shit is up there when it's not tryin to support some bullsh?t effort to hype up my own wack shit.

Oh yeah, are you tryin to clown me with that little loser icon? we're on the net, you f?cking fagg...don't talk sh?t over the net unless your still in high school (literally or mentally). I thought this forum was about pooling knowledge and resources, answering questions and moving on to the next question, but since it obviously makes a difference to you, follow on fagg...and try not to let the slang f?ck you up too much

school: University of Pennsylvania, Millersville. (one of many)
major: Biology (there's no formal pre-med program)
graduated: no (when family is involved, part time is a good option)
currently: US Navy (joined the military on September 12th, the day after the towers fell)
outlook: continue the second half of my 4 year degree
continue the second half of my 6 year enlistment,
continue on the path to earning a commision as a military doctor.

Haibane
08-17-2004, 08:00 AM
If sh?t is wack, then it's f?cking wack, if it's not, then it's not. it's just as simple as that. If somebody ask about what's that hot sh?t that's out right now, I'm goin't tell 'em plain and simple, 'this sh?t that I'm f?cking wit right now is the hotness. I ain't goin't try an say some shit is up there when it's not tryin to support some bullsh?t effort to hype up my own wack shit.

Oh yeah, are you tryin to clown me with that little loser icon? we're on the net, you f?cking fagg...don't talk sh?t over the net unless your still in high school (literally or mentally). I thought this forum was about pooling knowledge and resources, answering questions and moving on to the next question, but since it obviously makes a difference to you, follow on fagg...and try not to let the slang f?ck you up too much

school: University of Pennsylvania, Millersville. (one of many)
major: Biology (there's no formal pre-med program)
graduated: no (when family is involved, part time is a good option)
currently: US Navy (joined the military on September 12th, the day after the towers fell)
outlook: continue the second half of my 4 year degree
continue the second half of my 6 year enlistment,
continue on the path to earning a commision as a military doctor.

someone had a bad day and took that way out of proportion

highteknology
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
i think he reached the end of his 28 days. IMO

Haibane
08-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, I guess he just doesn't understand that when I say something like he didn't go to college it just means that I was annoyed by his ghetto slang use... and not that I am attacking him as a person

Navy I.C.
08-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess he just doesn't understand that when I say something like he didn't go to college it just means that I was annoyed by his ghetto slang use...

hey, why are you translating the first part of your statement? Let me guess, it's just to make sure that others understand, "your slang" (which is of course, obviously unannoying).

and not that I am attacking him as a person

you know those artsy-fartsy types...they must be faggs...and he listens to techno...so he must be a junkies too...blah, blah, blah...but it's cool 'cause I'm not attacking him as a person...naa mean hightek? Oops, sorry, what I meant to type was, do you know what I mean High Technology?

Haibane
08-20-2004, 11:43 AM
hey, why are you translating the first part of your statement? Let me guess, it's just to make sure that others understand, "your slang" (which is of course, obviously unannoying).

you know those artsy-fartsy types...they must be faggs...and he listens to techno...so he must be a junkies too...blah, blah, blah...but it's cool 'cause I'm not attacking him as a person...naa mean hightek? Oops, sorry, what I meant to type was, do you know what I mean High Technology?

Point out where I called you a name... I am just saying it is annoying to me that you can't call something what it is and you have to take away from the value of the product by making it look like it is a crappy product that is a street boomers fantasy...

Navy I.C.
08-20-2004, 01:05 PM
you're going to have a real hard time tryin't find somebody else w/more respect for any UG enterprise, (anti-mass market) than yours truly. but at the same time, if sh?t that i like all of a sudden becomes the next nationwide,

'look at me because i got one too thing'

i'm not goin't automatically knock it. I basically judge high power systems by how far they can throw their sounds. A nice enough 8", 6", or even a kickass set of 6x9's can throw plenty of bass around inside your car, which reasonably justifies an efficiency standard of, "SPL @ 1watt @ 1meter". Consequently, it doesn't take much to have a very comparable product using the immediate vicinity of your cabin as a benchmark (enter pyramid, sony, jensen). My own personal criterior for subs consist of a combination of SPL @ 500ft using 500watts, which drastically narrows the field on power handling, ability to audition and just good old fashioned performance.

a perfect anology would be my view of hip-hop. i was a fan of since back in the days when the only place you could get a tape was after the dj dubbed a copy of the show for you in the back of his van ($5) after the party because nobody had a record deal and the only way you got heard and known was to show up at a party and get on the mic...

i feel the same way about car audio and JL imparticular, not because they got the balls to show up at every party and get on the mic, but when they do, they do their thing convincingly. I heard a lot of good things about a lot of UG companies from friends of friends of other friends, but it's not enough for my seal of approval. I'm a show and prove type of guy.

loismustdie
08-20-2004, 04:18 PM
god damnit! why the hell are you argueing?

i know plenty of people who type dub7 on other forums, it doesn't matter as long as you know what he's talkin about, and attaking someone because of their icon, i mean you have the darkness in your profile thing and you're in the navy, i could tear you apart for that, but i don't care because everyone hear has different interests, except we all like car audio so thats what we talk about. if you want to argue, do it about something meaningful.

stop being dousche bags and make up. are your lives so uneventful that you have to argue with someone you don't even know

r8erz4life
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Navy... y?u need to ch?ll out h?mie d?gg y?u he?rd. y?u talk?n wack sh?t. pe?ce yo!

Navy I.C.
08-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Navy... y?u need to ch?ll out h?mie d?gg y?u he?rd. y?u talk?n wack sh?t. pe?ce yo!

nuff said, i'm convinced. i'm the asshole...and i'm out.
peace...

sr20de4evr
08-22-2004, 10:02 PM
i'm not goin't automatically knock it. I basically judge high power systems by how far they can throw their sounds. A nice enough 8", 6", or even a kickass set of 6x9's can throw plenty of bass around inside your car, which reasonably justifies an efficiency standard of, "SPL @ 1watt @ 1meter". Consequently, it doesn't take much to have a very comparable product using the immediate vicinity of your cabin as a benchmark (enter pyramid, sony, jensen). My own personal criterior for subs consist of a combination of SPL @ 500ft using 500watts, which drastically narrows the field on power handling, ability to audition and just good old fashioned performance.

oh wow, I guess my system must suck ass then....it can make you deaf (not just bass like all the retards in my area, at all frequencies), yet once you get 10 feet away from the car with all the doors closed and the windows up you can't hear a thing. I take pride in making my car silent on the outside, in fact I've spent hundreds of dollars making the car so that you can't hear anything once you get out. I can't believe you actually judge people's systems on how loud they are outside the car, that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

And about the JL amps, he asked for 1 ohm stable amps, not amps that could most likely handle 1 ohm as long as you didn't push them all that hard and you had them well ventillated. JL amps are not 1 ohm stable, yes they can take 1 ohm if you treat them right, just like many other amps can take .25-.5 ohm loads if you treat them right, but that does not make them stable at that impedance. To answer the original question, run a search on google for "1 ohm stable" and spend the next 5 hours sorting through the hundreds of matches.

Navy I.C.
08-23-2004, 12:05 AM
we all know how over exaggerated the claims for car audio can be, (consumers as well as manufactures).
the only sure things are the show and prove sets.
right or wrong about a subjective discussion, about, a vague area of an unregulated, non-standardized industry is pointless.
knowing this is why i make myself clear when i recommend a product, that, this is my own personal opinion. for example when i said my own personal criterior for judging subs, (not entire systems) is by how loud and far a sub can throw a bass note is a good way for me to narrow the field.
if i can't sell this idea on this thread, i'll just move on to a new idea on the next one...

Add your comment to this topic!