Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Cherokee Laredo

JJFURAY
08-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Can Anyone Impart Some Technical Expertise For Me? I Have A Battery Problem. The Battery Was Charged Overnight And, Now Will Not Hold More Than 12.3 Volts After Charging. So, I Need A New Battery Right? The Other Problem That Occurs Is This. The Engine Just Dies With This Battery Jumped By Another Car. Autozone Tells Me That, A "dead" Batter Will Cause The Engine To Quit While Starving The Fuel System And Shuttin The Engine Down, The Second That I Take The Jumper Cables Off. My Question..... What Does The Battery/alternator? Have Anything To Do With The Fuel System.
Jeff

NascarNut
08-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Assuming it has fuel injection, you will lose power to the injectors.
also if it has an electric fuel pump, same result.

praisethelowered
08-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Check to make sure your alternating is working properly before you replace the battery, as that could be part of the problem.

JJFURAY
08-15-2004, 07:57 PM
tested the alternator at auto zone. did not even put out 1 volt! trashed it. those babies aren't cheap! $105 with core.
any ideas where i can find a better wiring digram than haynes? looking for a stray wire not hooked up to anything. it's routed thru lighting hole for right hand headlamp. coiming from same artery as a wire carrying power to the high horn on right side. what's the temp sensor do that hangs under front bumper in middle in front of engine? for a/c?

NascarNut
08-19-2004, 09:40 AM
The temp sensor under the bumper is usually for the outside air temp you see on the computer. as for the loose wire, it just may be something you don't have on that particular model, look to see if theres any signs that it has been plugged into something in the past, that will tell you if you need look further.

Add your comment to this topic!