Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Brake Lights..

NOBRA14
08-12-2004, 06:27 PM
2003 DODGE RAM 1500
Third brake light, turn signals, parking lights all working. But the brake lights are not working at all. Checked all fuses , checked all wiring.
Is there a breaker or something else. The owners manual doesnt mention a breaker? Changed bulbs also. Bulb out light lite on dash. Has been going off and on for a couple of weeks, now on all the time.
Any idea?
Thanks
Jay

CrucialConcepts
02-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I had the same problem!!! Check the contact points and make sure they are lining up right with the bump.

03rammer
02-17-2005, 04:50 PM
My 03 Ram just started giving me the same message. It says Lamp Out. It turns out it was the driver-side brake lamp. Just out of curiosity, how did you get the Tail lens off to replace the bulb? I opened the tailgate and took the 2 screws off but there is still something holding the tail lens on. I couldn't quite reach it from underneath and I didn't want to force it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

CrucialConcepts
02-17-2005, 07:14 PM
I thought the same that I was going to break it. You just have to pull it hard it's cliped in.

03rammer
02-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I thoght the same that I was going to break it. You just have to pull it hard it's cliped in.

Yea, Thanks. I just got it. You really have to pull hard.

CrucialConcepts
02-17-2005, 08:18 PM
No Problem...

ramminwaco
02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
My 03 Ram just started giving me the same message. It says Lamp Out. It turns out it was the driver-side brake lamp. Just out of curiosity, how did you get the Tail lens off to replace the bulb? I opened the tailgate and took the 2 screws off but there is still something holding the tail lens on. I couldn't quite reach it from underneath and I didn't want to force it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Just puller the outer side hard. It has rubber inserts that stick in, you'll be ok. I just did mine, am having trouble with right side lights being out.

Add your comment to this topic!